Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    outdoorpig Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 11:08 AM
    What is the likely punishment for these crimes?
    If you have read any of my questions then you will see that my ex-husband is a complete deadbeat. Anyway, I knew it was only a matter of time before he really screwed up and sure enough he did. This past weekend he stole a car from some girl's house and then totalled it into a ditch. He then fled the scene and left the car there. It was a brand new 2010 Honda Accord. I found out about this because the police contacted me wondering if I have talked to him recently because they are looking for him. Here is the major problem he has. He has a suspended license from a DUI a couple months ago. He is on probation from that and also a harassment charge earlier this year. So what I am seeing here is that he is facing first degree felony grand theft auto, leaving the scene of an accident, driving on the suspended license, and first degree felony criminal mischief. He is now a fugitive and the police are looking for him because the girl had to file the report with the police for her insurance. So he is going to be charged regardless. It seems to me that he is likely going to face some type of jailtime from his actions in court. Does anyone know or have an idea what the likely punishment will be for his crimes if convicted? Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 12:33 PM

It's hard to say without knowing exactly how he was charged, what degree. Anyone can guess but that's all it would be.

This should be combined with your other posts so "we" don't have to read back and forth in order to understand the situation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 06:36 PM

Guessing

Probation violated on original charges, and do max on them, then 5 year on other charges, and serve maybe 1/2

That is just a general guess from what I see happening locally
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 09:40 PM

To put it mildly, he's not going to see freedom for many years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Customs crimes [ 1 Answers ]

I want to sent a laptop as a gift to my sister in india, is it possible? Will I have to pay any duty if it came across airport customs? Kindly help...

Natural crimes and legal crimes [ 1 Answers ]

Compare and contrast the concepts of natural crime and legal crime

Crimes of history [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find the crime history of the apartment complex that I live in

Which crimes keep you out of usa [ 3 Answers ]

Are there certain crimes that would prevent a person entering USA? For instance child sex offences?

Thought Crimes [ 42 Answers ]

A friend of mine is afraid she can be convicted and sentenced to hell for her thoughts. She's a very devout Christian. Super nice person. She goes to church every Sunday and sometimes even in the middle of the week. She also prays to God every morning and night. The other day, she...

View more questions Search