Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fitz957 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 25, 2006, 02:29 PM
    Half my cats mouth seems paralyzed
    Hello, around 2 days ago my cat did something weird, she pee'd and pooped on a human, and was acting really weird. Now my cat seems like half her mouth has gone dead, she can't eat or drink water. We can't take her to the vet sense it happened on christmas eve. She is drooling, being very lazy like doesn't move from one spot. She is around 10 years old and she is a little over weight. Can someone tell me what is wrong with my cat so I can stop worrying about her before we can get to the vet.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
    I would say there should be vets, emergency vets on call? Even on Christmas!

It could be anything, The first thing I thought of is maybe a mini stroke/seizure. It does happen in animals.

Joe

Dec 25, 2006, 03:49 PM
    Thank you, but I don't know much about strokes or seizures. Are the effects of its mouth being paralyzed permanent? And will it be able to eat and drink on its own soon or will it need treatment in order to do that?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2006, 03:51 PM
    I just gave you a possibility of what it could be but you will not know for sure until you get your cat into the vets.

Dec 27, 2006, 09:41 AM
    Well, we took her to the vet and she didn't have a stroke which I'm happy about. She has like mouth sores or something. We have ointment to put in her mouth to heal and she should be OK by tonight. If the sores don't heal, its cancer. So I'm praying it heals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s movie - paralyzed boy [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to find a movie for our son. There was a movie that was put out in the eighties about a boy who was learning to team rope, and suddenly became paralyzed from the waist down. His grandpa put him on a horse and taught him to rope despite his disability. We would like to find this...

Mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Can having afilling in tooth trap a nerve in your lips and make your lips pucker up every time you try to talk.

Mouth [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two years when I talk my lips go really tight and the musssels in my face really hert my jore herts I have been to see doctors at hospital they say it is someing to do with my neck , it is getting worse every day they gave me mussel relacents but they did not work. Help

My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua has potty problem! [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my My Half Dachshund Half Chihuahua is a great dog but when it comes to the potty he is not good. He is let outside every hour but sometimes he pees in the house. I stay with him outside for 30 minutes and let him inside. I have no solution what should I do? :confused:

Paralyzed Beagle [ 4 Answers ]

My friend's beagle just became paralyzed last Tuesday. She needed emergency surgery for a slipped disc and is now paralyzed. We are still hoping for the best, since the Vet said it can take 2 weeks to really tell. But, so far, it does not seem promising. We're having a tough time because the...

View more questions Search