Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coblas Posts: 137, Reputation: 2

Aug 31, 2010, 10:36 AM
    Double cylinder deadbolt lock drips a watery oil-like substance down the door.
    I removed a 17-year-old double cylinder Weiser lock that had dripped for a couple of years, and cleaned it up, but it didn't help. I replaced it with a brand new Kwikset a few weeks ago, and now it's doing the same thing. Any suggestions on how to stop this?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 1, 2010, 11:34 AM

Maybe the Locks are OK and the door is Leaking something, or something from above.
    Someone spraying them with something?

Sep 1, 2010, 12:13 PM
    No, the locks haven't been sprayed with anything and I can't imagine what the door could be leaking. It seems especially odd that the old lock was fine for so long and the new one acted up so soon. Ironically, the 37-year-old doorknob just started doing the same thing! At first, I wondered if metal was rubbing against metal, but the time factors make that illogical. I'm stumped.

Sep 14, 2010, 12:03 PM
    Comment on coblas's post
    The leaking material smells like oil. I just might have to live with this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Installation of deadbolt on a metal door [ 6 Answers ]

I have a metal building with a metal entrance door. It already has a door knob lock, however I would like to install a deadbolt. I know how to install a deadbolt on a wooden door, but never installed one on a metal door. The lock I purchased has the rectangle plate on the bolt so if you...

I found a black gunk (oil?) in my antifreeze and a milky substance on my oil cap? [ 1 Answers ]

I found what I think is oil in my radiator and there is a milky substance on my oil cap. Also my hoses in my engine are soaked in oil from the inside out. Now my car runs fine it doesn't smoke or anything. But I'm sure these symptoms are no good. HELP!

'81 accord Ignition lock cylinder [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a replacement ignition lock cylinder for my '81 accord and was reading the instructions on how to change it out with the old one. Anyway, it said to insert the key and turn to the 'ON' position in order to line up the roll pin to disengage the old lock. If I had the key to turn the lock,...

Placed a DEADBOLT on LEASE / Roomates door [ 11 Answers ]

Hello , I need some advice so I don't get myself in trouble. I signed a 1 year lease with a co-worker and moved in together. Everything great but bigproblem! he decides to not pay his share of rent. So after 3 months of his I get fed up and take matters in my own hands when after I went ...

Cylinder Lock Altima 97 [ 2 Answers ]

I need to replace the cylinder lock I bought for my Nissan altima GXE 1997 but it seems too difficult to do. I don't have the diagramas or schematics and the piece does not have intallation instructions. I'm doing this because my wife lost the ignition key and the locksmith charges over a 100 bucks...

View more questions Search