Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dirty_Harry Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 02:10 PM
    Digital camera problem
    The one I got for Christmas is acting up.

I was testing it out just now taking photos in my room and when I pressed the zoom in button it started making a few quiet beeping noises and the lens that zooms out is stuck in its position. Whenever I try and press the power button it does the same thing then just does nothing as if it was switched off.

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/44282/Video-3.avi.html

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/44284/Video-4.avi.html

That's what's happening if you would be so kind as to download the video files.

And is the lens meant to be angle up slightly?

I dropped it but I was sitting down and it was only about 2 feet off the ground so it couldn't have really made a difference as it was still working after that, surely?

Help would be greatly appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
    The fall could have damaged the lens motor, thrown it off track. If its brand new take it back as defective.
    Dirty_Harry Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Having asking round many places I'm going to take it into town sometime and see if it can be fixed, failing that just back to the store and hopefully get a replacement.
    vyki Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Dec 25, 2006, 04:56 PM
    What batteries does it take? Are you using AA ones that came with it? If so sometimes they only last a few photos before they die and can cause problems like what you're having. When I worked in Currys we used to spend so long after christmas testing cameras that had nothing wrong except low batteries...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2006, 05:34 PM
    I wouldn't bother trying to get it repaired. If you take it to a shop they will send it back to the mfg who may decide it was damaged by misuse. I would just return it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help please.. Cannot download pictures from my digital camera [ 10 Answers ]

What could be the problem when I try to download pics from my digital I suddenly cannot download. The camera window just keeps reading. No result. What could be the problem? It has hardware failure message? What hardware? My digital camera or something inside my computer? What is it? Please help...

Digital Camera Not Seen [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me why one computer has no problems downloading pics from a Kodak Digital EasyShare CX6330 camera, but another one will not see the camera. Adobe PhotoShop Album Starter Edition 3.0, and Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard, they both tell me that there is no camera, Roxio Capture...

Digital camera printing question [ 3 Answers ]

Which slot on the HP photosmart 3210 printer do I insert the memory card (or whatever it's called) from my Olympus digital camera? I've tried the upper & lower smaller ones on the right-side edge, but the little this won't go in. This is the first time I've used this question site, the first time...

Best Digital Camera for less than $500 [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking to purchase the best digital camera I can for less than $500. While I am especially taken by the features offered by the SONY MVC CD-350 (disc type) the sales people I have talked to seem to prefer the Fuji FinePix 55000 or the FinePix A310 which are both "stick type"?? Thanks. Ponton

Digital camera [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a goodmans g-shot 3003cc for xmas Have installed the drivers cd, there's a bit on iy which I ticked says "decode all supported fourccs(divx,dx50,mp4v) Have ticked this, when I plug the camera in , instructions say to open folder to veiw files using windows explorer , but this cannot...

View more questions Search