Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steph.osborn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 07:43 AM
    Dreams
    There is this thing with my family with dreams and it happens all the time. Weird stuff too like being pulled to places and things... sometimes people. I don't know its weird. If I am about to be in a bad situation or walk into one I get this like wave that almost knocks me backward. I see places I have never been. Sometimes I will think about one person a lot and wonder about them and then I will get a call from that person of about that person. Its really weird .
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Aug 31, 2010, 05:40 PM

Yes it is weird. Dreams almost never make sense. But you should not try to figure them out. Why? Because that's all they are . Dreams. Some are pleasant, some are nightmares. But most are never remembered, so don't put too much effort into trying to figure outh the ones you remember. The ones you forgot could be a thousand times worst, but the only ones you will remembwer are the ones that occur just before you wake up. So don't worry about them..

Sep 1, 2010, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beachloverjohn View Post
    Yes it is weird. Dreams almost never make sense. But you should not try to figure them out. Why? Because that's all they are . dreams. Some are pleasant, some are nightmares. But most are never remembered, so don't put too much effort into trying to figure outh the ones you remember. The ones you forgot could be a thousand times worst, but the only ones you will remembwer are the ones that occur just before you wake up. So don't worry about them..
    First off that had nothing to do with my question. I always remember my dreams and no I don't try to figure them out. I will have a dream and the two days or weeks later it will happen in really life. Not only that I have feelings I just know things stuff like that I get exausted around large groups of people. Just weird stuff happends to me all the time and I want to know what it is why. Its not just dreams and I said that clear or not. Read before you answer. If you had to deal with what I do on a nightly bases you would be happy to say it was just a dream until two days or weeks later when it happened.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Sep 1, 2010, 08:41 PM

Apparently you are having psychic experiences. Sorry, I misread your post.
    GirlInAus Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Sep 4, 2010, 11:37 PM
    There doesn't really seem to be a question in that question, other then the mention of you having weird dreams.

I recommend you research the science behind dreaming, because the meanings we create for dreams has nothing to do with the reality of what dreams really are.

Your brain is at rest, and it's way of relaxing is by letting random neurons fire, reacting in dreams.

Don't freak yourself out, it's perfectly normal, and it doesn't mean anything.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 12:13 AM
    It sounds like you have pre-cognition, and there are many theories on that.

I experience many of the things you have said, particularly the forethought of an encounter, or an event. When that happens, I wish at times it didn't, because re-visiting a person, or a place is not what I would choose, if I had a choice.

One theory is that you are sort of meeting up with yourself, in a timeline that has been pre-determined. You are out of sync. Déjà vu is another example of a sort of flux in time, that you have either had in the very recent past, or are about to have in the very near future.

It is important to write things down, because these thoughts or cognitions will not always make sense at the time you have them, but will later on.

It is very telling that you note your family members also experience the same thing. It is rare for one person to have these experiences in a family. There is almost always a history, that goes back sometimes, many generations.

You are not alone. The best advice I can offer you is to do a little research online and you will find others just like you. Some are just more sensitive than others in areas that science cannot yet grasp.

There have been times when I wish that it could all be written off as insignificant as a dream, but, for me at least, it can't.

Sep 5, 2010, 12:33 AM
    Comment on Jake2008's post
    THANK YOU FOR READING IT FULLY THANK YOU.And you it does run in my family it goes mostly mother to daughter and I have tried to research but I always end up empty handed My family is largly native american on my mothers side her grandma was like us.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 5, 2010, 07:10 AM
    Such a rich history!

You are very lucky that your relatives will talk. With these talents being generational in nature, you will be able to learn a great deal by listening to the experiences of others.

I find it amazing, that in most North American family norms, these abilities are evident in children and discouraged, just as it was likely discouraged by the parents' parents, and so on. But, it is as real as the freckles on your face, as you know.

My advice to you is to start a family diary and record related history, just as you would doing any family research. Native Americans as you probably also know, are particularly adept at acceptance, and interpreted meaning to psychic experiences.

All the best to you in your journey.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Sep 8, 2010, 12:31 AM

I understand what you are describing.
    By being pulled into a setting do you mean you see it with your mind's eye in front of you? Or hear it and not see it? Or is it more that you are brought there in a way? Do you interact with the setting or people? Are the colors or noises different?
    To be honest, people may not agree, although it is usually accepted, and even science has looked into it.. Everyone has psychic ability. Whether it is from daily patterns i.e.. Knowing when a bus will come because it has come at that time before, or unexplained things. People who have psychic ability that they have developed should keep trying to understand it. I'm sure people have thought of someone then they call. It it less common I would think the scenario you described where you are seeing things and places you have not before. It usually helps people to meditate and be relaxed when it happens, depending on what you were describing, which a sleepy state can be an example of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dreams about ex [ 3 Answers ]

I keep having dreams about my ex-boyfriend and people in his family. There are times when I can't recall in my dream if I married him or my husband now. I'm always very upset in my dream because I don't want to be married to my ex, but keep thinking I am and made the wrong choice in my dreams. I...

A boy dreams up plans to some machine also dreams he is flying [ 2 Answers ]

I saw a movie in the 90's that I can't remember the name of. All I can remember is some boy has these dreams where he sees plans for some sort of machine bit by bit and he is flying in the dreams.

What do my dreams mean? [ 4 Answers ]

OK I don't really know what to put this under so I put it here I've been having trouble with sleeping because of these dreams I've been having well one is a nightmare but there always the same The nightmare is that I'm walking on a road and its sort of dark out like right before a storm and ill...

View more questions Search