Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddpope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Water line break causing problems
    This morning I noticed a river of water coming out of my front yard so I called the water company and they came out a replaced the pvc connecting my residence to the water system with brass. Since then I regained adequate pressure in all of my faucets but both of my toilets will not refill when flushed. Any advise will be welcomed.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 25, 2006, 03:13 PM
    Sounds like you got some dirtr in the system and it's now clogging the toilets ballcock. Try this on one of your toilets. Shut the water off at the angle stop and remove the three screws holding the rod and float assembly. Now place a pan over the open ballcock and turn the water back on for a minute to flush out the ballcock and supply. You should have a strong stream. Reassemble and try it now. If it works do the same to the other toilet. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Water at Refrigerator Water line? [ 60 Answers ]

We recently moved into a 10 year old home and purchased a new refrigerator with a water filter and ice maker, only to find that when we hooked it up to the single water line behind the fridge, it dispenses hot water. I don't think the line has been used before now and was wondering if anyone has...

Water line [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find out where water enters into my house?

New sink causing drain problems, not from clog [ 3 Answers ]

I just had a shop sink installed about six feet away from my kitchen sink. The guy who did it insisted it would work but now the kitchen sink does not drain well at all, nor does the shop sink. Here's the setup. The kitchen sink has a trap and then the pipe goes down almost to the floor and then...

Water line [ 1 Answers ]

My water line in my house all of a sudden started making a whistling noise it does not do it all the time I heard only the toilet and the washer doing it not the sinks:

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search