Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelldo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 03:45 PM
    Do you turn off the pilot light on gas fireplace during summer
    Do you turn off the pilot light on the gaas fireplace during summer
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Aug 30, 2010, 04:30 PM

I personally do. I see no reason at all to leave it on. If I need a fire during the summer, I can relight the pilot light in 5 seconds. Just be sure you shut the valve supplying gas to the pilot light.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2010, 03:55 PM

I was told not to because spiders then build nests in the unit. Must vary from location to location.

This has been asked before - that's where I got the advice.
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Aug 31, 2010, 03:57 PM

Judy, very interesting indeed. I had not heard that. I will certainly look for that. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pilot light goes out on gas fireplace about every 10 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Our pilot light keeps going out on our gas fireplace. It lights fine and we have a full tank of gas. It was working fine and then it started to do this. It could be dirty. How would I clean it. We have had very low tempetures in the past few days. It has never done this in the past. O'Neilmom

Gas fireplace pilot light goes out on own [ 1 Answers ]

We had our fireplace checked up by a service tech. he had the fireplace working with the pilot light visible to the eye that showed it was on. However, we just tried to turn on the electric ignition gas fireplace and discovered tha the pilot light is off. What could be causing the flame to blow...

Does gas emit in the house when pilot light of gas fireplace goes out? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas fireplace and on a windy day the pilot light actually went out. My dad said that even though the pilot light isn't on it's emitting gas into the house- which is a health hazard, but I thought that as long as the switch that turns on the light is off there is no risk. Can anyone tell me...

Pilot light on gas fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

The pilot light on my gas fireplace is too high I think. How do you adjust the pilot light?

View more questions Search