Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ambish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2010, 03:25 AM
    I have problem with my one eye. I have -1.5 and 30degree axis in one eye only.
    I have problem in vision with my right eye only. It has got -1.5 and 30 degree axis power. So when I use spectacle I have a problem. What to do??
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 05:47 AM

Glasses are obviously not the answer for your problem but soft contact lenses would be. You would have more peripheral vision with contact lenses.

Tick
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 02:11 PM

What is the PROBLEM that you are having. You did not specify that. Your glasses prescription might not be correct or the lens could be off axis, or the frame could be crooked (which will also affect the axis of the lens). We could not tell you DEFINITELY if contacts would work for you as we have not examined your eyes and they are not the answer for everyone. Please be more specific in your question.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma View Post
    What is the PROBLEM that you are having. You did not specify that. Your glasses prescription might not be correct or the lens could be off axis, or the frame could be crooked (which will also affect the axis of the lens). We could not tell you DEFINITELY if contacts would work for you as we have not examined your eyes and they are not the answer for everyone. Please be more specific in your question.
    Yes, chi, bow to your knowledge as always. You are just super !

Tick
    ambish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 12:18 AM
    Can I use contact lens cause I have vision problem in one eye & power is -1.5@30deg
    I am 25 year –old boy and have been suffering from eye problem since last year. I used spectacle (glass) when I was 14 year old. I have problem in vision with my right eye only. I can see clearly from left eye. But at that time doctor put some power in right eye also. Below is the glass power I use to wear.
    Dsph. +0.75 +0.5
    Dcyl. -1.25 +0.5
    Axis 25 180

But last year on 1st April, 2009 I have sudden problem in my eye. I just join my first job but I cannot see computer for an hour also. I feel as if my eye Is burning. I went to different clinic. I found that my right eye power had changed although my left eye is OK. So I used that glass but it doesn’t work. Still I face same problem.

Lastly I went to Teaching hospital. There my eye was checked by using all technology like tear test, eye focusing test, microscope test. Then they suggested me to use anti reflective coating glass and avoid Fan and Air-condition. I follow what they say. Right now my power is -1.5@30 degree (right eye) and left is plano. I use this glass for a year. But also I cannot stay in computer more that 2 hours. So I take break see far object to make my eye relax. It work for 10 month.

But now again I feel difficulty with my eye.
    I can't use this spectacle cause I feel difficult to see while walking also. I feel as my eyes is going to shrinkage. I cannot open my eye using this spectacle. Although I can see text book and TV. But I cannot see computer. So I went to hospital again. But no change in power and eye focusing also OK.

Why this is happening to me I don’t know? I am frustrated to visit doctors.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 01:36 PM

First off, that appears to be the prescription for BOTH eyes.

Second off, still you need to see an Optometrist. We cannot diagnose you online.

Third off, Please only post your question ONCE! It confuses our members and enables you to get better advice is all the info is in one spot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Referred to eye hospital due to eye pressure - is this serious? [ 3 Answers ]

Three years ago I was sent to eye hospital following routine eye examination as they found a lump behind the eye - after many tests I was given all clear. I have just had a new eye examination and again have been referred to the eye hospital for the pressure in my eye. What does this mean and is...

Translated to Sanskrit: an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind [ 0 Answers ]

I need the following statement translated from English to Sanskrit: An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind.

Disease on Skin That Is Near to an Eye, Is There Danger of it Moving Into the Eye? [ 12 Answers ]

If you have a disease on your skin that is near to an eye, is there danger of it moving into the eye? I have suspected skin cancer near to one of my eyes. It's on my nose. Have had it for a number of years. It didn't grow very much for a long time. Now, it's really growing. It's about an...

Where can we obtain an eye examination and eye glasses free ? [ 5 Answers ]

I have not been able to afford an eye examination or eye glasses for quit some time, for my wife and myself, we are currently using reader glasses that are quit old and we can't see very well with them. I am 53 years old and reside in Oklahoma.

View more questions Search