Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baby38 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 09:57 PM
    Wedding scam in the Philippines
    Just joined your site read something interesting about Philippines wedding scams I know the thread is close,Uncommon wedding scam used in the Philippines
    A young filipina marries an older guy, in the philippines, with not intentions of ever migrating to his home country. The scam is to get him to support her/family by getting one hundred to two hundred dollars a month from him, leading him to believe that she will go to live with him as soon as the visa is approved. However, she/family purposely foul-up the processing of the paper work to prolong/prevent the approval, with the intentions of keeping the money/support coming as long as they can. Meanwhile, she continues with other sideline scams to provide for the family. Of course, the whole family and neighborhood all know about it but playact to provide a front.

Has anyone ever heard of such a scam?this happened to me,maybe could be reopened again
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 10:38 PM

This happens quite frequently actually. One of the most recognized places for this scam is Ghana.

Aug 30, 2010, 12:35 AM

Thanks for reply,anyway dumped this woman after she had a baby after I married her,the time having the baby until it was born was 5 months after I was there last time,Found out she already had A Filipino husband,and now she going by another name,As many told me easy to get a new baby certificate ,I wonder how many other suckers got caught
    bleusong52 Posts: 239, Reputation: 46

Sep 1, 2010, 07:59 PM

Lots of suckers get caught, despite the news stories, the television shows like Dateline or Frontline. Chasing love is a risky business for some and profitable for others. Too bad this happened to you too.

Sep 7, 2010, 04:48 PM
    Its common in the Philippines,getting married to a foreigner, relationship finishes, girl get a new certificate at a price ,new name moves on to a new partner when money runs out, re marries again, makes all excuses about not getting visa ,no need to get annulment,this happened to me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 04:51 PM

Why not just find a wife in your home country? Sorry, but I'm confused as to why people still do this.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 04:55 PM

These scams are well known.

Sadly you got caught. Now you know, so you won't make the same mistake again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 07:50 PM

Yes nothing new, or even getting married in the US to someone in the US, she gets pregnant, then wants a divorce and payments and child support.

Figure a way to use sex and love to make money and someone has done it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MArried in the Philippines-divorce in Canada or Annulment in Philippines? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am a naturalized (FIlipino) Canadian Citizen, and I am currently residing in Ontario Canada, I am so desperate to ask everyone here, because I am not sure what to do, I got married in the Philippines, I am not sure if should I file annulment in the Philipplnes or should I file...

Would it be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all I am getting married this August and we are just going to the justice of peace. I was wondering if it would be innopropiate to wear a wedding gown for a court room wedding?

Uncommon wedding scam used in the Philippines [ 9 Answers ]

A young filipina marries an older guy, in the philippines, with not intentions of ever migrating to his home country. The scam is to get him to support her/family by getting one hundred to two hundred dollars a month from him, leading him to believe that she will go to live with him as soon as the...

Court House Wedding or Back Yard Wedding? [ 18 Answers ]

We are on a limited budget as far as our wedding goes. We want to spend more money on the rings and honeymoon than the wedding. So, we want something intimate and special but small. So these were the two options that we were thinking: 1. A small ceremony in his parent's backyard. There...

Filipino bride/wedding scam? [ 41 Answers ]

Met her online, wedding is being planned she says, wants 2k to pay for it, I'm going June 3 for 3 weeks to marry and be with her, she claims she can't come here for a year after we marry due to paperwork involved, am I being scammed? She claims poverty, works 12 hr days, has parents married 38...

View more questions Search