Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stock1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 11:27 AM
    The child support agency in violation of my servicemembers relief act?
    In 1999 a default judgment was entered against me while I was deployed to Bosnia. The child support agency filed a motion saying I was not in the military but sent the court doc to my military address. How can I file a lawsuit against them?
    Stock1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 11:34 AM

Actually the military doesn't provide good lawyers. The military lawyers have no clue on any cases outside of the military. And if the court appoint you a lawyer then they won't fight as hard for you as a lawyer that you are paying for. This is the price we pay for being in the military, everything isn't going to be all peachy.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 29, 2010, 11:39 AM

Get an attorney!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stock1 View Post
    Actually the military doesn't provide good lawyers. The military lawyers have no clue on any cases outside of the military. And if the court appoint you a lawyer then they won't fight as hard for you as a lawyer that you are paying for. This is the price we pay for being in the military, everything isn't going to be all peachy.

I disagree about military lawyers "not having a clue" outside the military. I know and I've worked with some VERY good military attorneys, assigned attorneys, free attorneys.

Military attorneys pass the Bar, the same as all other attorneys - and the Bar THEY take doesn't just cover military law.

Please post your experience or education before you make any additional blanket statements.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 03:14 PM

OP doesn't like or trust Attorneys - I'm sure he would prefer to do this himself.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 05:06 PM

Yes, I do not understand, if you were in the service, and owe child support, all the have to do is garnish your pay, the service takes child support very easily.

Where you paying the support,

Where you behind in support.
    Noanswers Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Aug 30, 2010, 08:12 AM
    I am military and I know for me I have been to my legal assistance office I count count the times... get a civilian attorney or at least go see one to know your options! Very unprofessional! Stood in the hallway for everyone and then some to hear my matter, I got about two minutes of his time and was told to get a civilian attorney so I have no faith! Although your pay def, should have been garnished mine was... fast too!
    Good Luck in finding what you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue a child support agency for not enforcing support orders? [ 15 Answers ]

In 2002, a NY family court ordered my ex-husband (the non-custodial parent of our 2 minor children) to pay child support in the amount of $250 per week. This court order was subsequently made a part of our divorce decree in 2005. In 2004, the NCP moved from NY to OR then eventually to CA to...

Does the child support agency remove order from child 18 or does the parent [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 18 and in college, he does not live with mother nor does she pay for any of college. I live in California, who takes care of the order?

Child support agency questions [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there I'm in the UK, my partner of 18 years had a one night stand whilst very drunk many years ago shortly before we got together, the girl in question told him she was taking contraceptives and that she didn't want him to use a condom, she then announced a while later that she was pregnant and...

The child support agency in violation of my servicemembers relief act? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to sue a Child Support Agency for wrong doing? And How is it accomplished. My case would make national News if all my coorespodance is read online it is truly unbelievable.

Child support agency [ 6 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and when I first applied for inc supp they told me by law I had to provide them with the child's details, because we are no longer together, they said that a claim would not be put in place but was there for the future should I need it as I informewd them that we already had...

View more questions Search