Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianjen01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 03:46 PM
    Free help with hamster sickness
    My hamsters eyes areb swollen her tonge is swollen to the point she can't drink or eat. We took her to the vet but they did not know for sure what's wrong we gave antibotics and pain meds and she still the same her hind id wet now and we been giving her water through a suringe and trying our best to give her her meds. She is not inmproving. Its been 3 days. There mite be an infection in her through but the vet said it could be a tumor. But why the swollen tonge face and eyes. Weak tired and has a bad oder to her. Does any one know what this could be or what we can do for our little baby?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2010, 04:34 PM

She has to be seen be a Vet, possibly a second Vet, possibly another visit to the same Vet. Antibiotics take time to work. When did she start them?

Are you aware of hamster wet tail - no joke, it's an infection. It's quick moving and often fatal. Apparently 24 hours without liquids and the hamster can die a very painful death. You owe it to your hamster to get this diagnosed and treated or else end her suffering.

Hamster wet tail

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My hamster has become mean [ 5 Answers ]

My hamster is mean it is a female. And I used to hold her until she bit me. Do you think she will do it again or should I just leave her alone. Or wear a glove.

My hamster [ 7 Answers ]

My hamster seams like he has a sickness. He is shaking is cold, getting thin and doesn't want to eat anything even his favorite foods! WHAT DO I DO!? :(

Got my new hamster [ 1 Answers ]

First of all I would like to thank all those who helped me by supplying info about hamsters. Yesterday I went and got one. He or she I'm not really sure for the gender, is named Chico. Our two cats never even noticed him yet, thank god. And for rex, well he hasn't tried to eat him so... Lilttle...

Hamster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm just wondering. I have a female syrian hamster and she is 8 weeks roughly mmmm She is vey nervous and she has bit me once but I want to tame her. Do you know why they make growling noises because she is doing that when she bites the bars and scratches. Plus I want to get her used to...

Hamster Qs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a friend, he says a lot of things... The other day he said a hamster could kill a rat by jumping on its back and biting its neck. This seems a bit silly to me, the largest animal I could find that they eat using Google was locusts. Does this actually happen or is he making things...

View more questions Search