Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hlpmipleze Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2009, 01:38 PM
    The child support agency in violation of my servicemembers relief act?
    Is it possible to sue a Child Support Agency for wrong doing? And How is it accomplished. My case would make national News if all my coorespodance is read online it is truly unbelievable.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 21, 2009, 01:55 PM

Sure you can sue but Im not sure your going to recover much of anything. For one thing the only damages you might get away with suing for are overpayments based on their screw up. What were you looking to sue for ?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2009, 02:05 PM

Like califdad says... you can sue, sure.

And unless someone at the Child Support Enforcement office shot you in the face, your story will likely not even make local news. Nothing dealing with family law is unique and most of it is not even noteworthy to those not directly involved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I would really like to know if there is any way to sue the child support agency [ 6 Answers ]

This must be a hot topic because I can't seem to get a response from anyone. Maybe this is why people get abused in this system. I ask again. Is there anything that can be done to fight against a system that in some cases abuse it's authority? Or is everyone afraid to give a response?;);):eek::eek:

Can I sue a child support agency for not enforcing support orders? [ 15 Answers ]

In 2002, a NY family court ordered my ex-husband (the non-custodial parent of our 2 minor children) to pay child support in the amount of $250 per week. This court order was subsequently made a part of our divorce decree in 2005. In 2004, the NCP moved from NY to OR then eventually to CA to...

Does the child support agency remove order from child 18 or does the parent [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 18 and in college, he does not live with mother nor does she pay for any of college. I live in California, who takes care of the order?

Child support agency [ 6 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and when I first applied for inc supp they told me by law I had to provide them with the child's details, because we are no longer together, they said that a claim would not be put in place but was there for the future should I need it as I informewd them that we already had...

View more questions Search