Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mower007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 08:03 AM
    Craftsman lawn tractor troubleshooting
    Model# 917-2736401 Engine does not stop right away when I turn off the key. I replaced the ignition switch no help.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2010, 08:37 AM

Check the kill wire going to the coil sounds like you have break somewhere
    Mowbetter Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2010, 11:35 PM

Check all ground connections to the frame, too. The ignition module is supposed to short to ground when you turn off the key, killing spark. Try running a ground wire directly from the battery negative post to the engine case to test for a bad ground.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman riding lawn tractor won't move troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman 42" 6 speed manual tranny riding mower. It is about 2 years old with relatively low mileage. When I first ran it after the winter, it would not move in forward or reverse. I checked the drive belt. It looks in good shape with no apparent wear and tear.

Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Unable to Start Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I currently having difficulty starting my Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor, (Model# 917.259830). I was using the tractor and had to shut it off to move a lawn hose. When I tried to start it again it just clicked. Specifically upon turning the keying, it makes a click sound followed by a whin....

Craftsman lawn tractor model 917-273643 troubleshooting [ 3 Answers ]

I can start my mower and it will run for a short time then for no apparent reason it just dies. I can wait a few minutes and it will start again and then repeat the cycle. What is going on. Could it be a defective fuel cutoff valve? HELP

Lawn tractor troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

My lawn tractor clicks when I turn the switch but does not crank. This was sporatic at first but now it does it 100% of the time. I thought is was a bad solinoid, so I changed it out. Started once or twice and now we are back to clicks and no crank. Changed out the battery too. Dumb idea as...

Craftsman tractor troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman tractor 19.5 horse 2 cyl tractor. Was cuting grass and I shut off. Went to restart 5 min later would not start . Tractor didn't have any spark at spark plugs. Tractor is only 2 yrs old ?

View more questions Search