Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonny1988 Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 06:09 AM
    My family doesn't allow me to go out often and by myself.
    Hi people. I'm 22 male. Is it OK to feel lonely sometimes! I do and get depressed. I am leading a very good life but I am single and its driving me crazy. Its easy to say go out and get a girlfriend but my family doesn't allow me to go out often and by myself. I always have to lie or sneak out. I have met this girl recently, we go out and hangout but she doesn't want relationship. So I feel awe-full now sitting here and typing my feelings on the computer. I really don't want to be like this. I go out and play, work 40 hours a week, spend time in and out, but there is a part of my mind which makes me feel lonely as I feel right now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 06:16 AM

At 22 you sound like your still trying to be independent from your parents so where in the world are you??
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2010, 06:46 AM

Why don't you move into a place of your own and get away from your family's influence? If you work 40 hours a week, you should be able to afford housing.
    sonny1988 Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2010, 04:46 AM

Hi I can't move away from my family at the moment. I live in New Zealand , but I belong to an Indian family. We are pretty modern but when it comes to letting your youngest one out and about on his own they get reluctant. I have no way out..
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2010, 04:56 AM

Since this is actually a part of your culture, you need to focus on the positive. You do get out to work and run around some, so you're not a total "shut-in".

I know nothing about your culture, but I am curious. At what point in time will your family give you more freedom?

I know you said the girl doesn't want a relationship, so you got to accept that, but don't let that be the end of your world. She's just not "the one" for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My family won't stop inviting my bitter ex-wife to family events. [ 10 Answers ]

I've been divorced from my ex-wife for seven years. We have an 18 yr old daughter together. She never wanted a divorce, and is bitter about it to this day. She frequently explodes on me over "what I did to her" and about what a horrible father I am(which I am NOT). She has dated very little and...

Family member will not leave with his family and my mom died and I am the exector. [ 1 Answers ]

Mother died and I am the executor of the will. Brother and family have lived with Mom for six months. This was suppose to be temporary. Mom never wanted him in the house and told the other family members he better not live in my house and under no cicumstances do I want him to live here. Have not...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search