Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresadermody Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 02:45 PM
    How do I do a Bid for cleaning a car dealership without the sq footagehip
    I am doing a bid on 2 dealerships (car) I don't know the sq feet. What I do know is it takes 9 man hours a night for 6 days a week. Been in cleaning business for 25 years. They are supplying the cleaning products and all toilet paper etc. I supply the equipment and rags and cleaning tools.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 07:50 PM

Then you have seen the 2 dealerships correct? Simply measure off the north and east sides of the buildings and get an approximate square footage of each. Have they given you a set of specifications for the cleaning? You will need to know exactly what is to be completed each night and if there are any additional jobs, i.e. carpet cleaning, hard floor work, window cleaning, etc, and at what frequencies. Then bid by sq ft accordingly.

OR, break it down to one hour as follows: Labor cost, admin sost, overhead, supplies, equipment, profit, etc. Arrive at a totally loaded hourly rate and the extend it to 9 hours per day, then 54 hours/week X 52 weeks and divide that by 12 months to arrive at your monthly charge.

Are you bidding against anyone else?

Car dealerships are red lining right now and most are slow pay, protect yourself.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to bid on commercial cleaning job 284000 sq ft should I bid per sq or per hour [ 5 Answers ]

I have the oppurtunity to bid a pretty big commercial cleaning job 296 offices, 59 bath rooms15 kitchens 32 waiting areas. What is the best way to bid this job.

Is it legal for a car dealership to take back my car without me knowing? [ 21 Answers ]

Is it legal or ilegal for the car dealership to take back my car that I thought was financed without any notice? Isn't the banks supposed to be the one to repo the car if that's the case? And is the car suppose to be in a tow yard and not at the dealership if it was in fact a repossession>

How to charge for cleaning a car dealership [ 8 Answers ]

My brother and I are starting a commercial cleaning business and there is a car dealership that is wanting us to drop by with what services we provide and what the charges are for the service. We are wanting to know how should we calculate the charges? Any help will be appreciated. Thank...

What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a cleaning service and I want to know the going rate for cleaning a car dealership by the square foot. What is the going rate for cleaning a car dealership in the southeastern Pennsylvania area at 1700 square feet?

Cleaning bid [ 3 Answers ]

What is the dollar amount to bid per square foot on a small office building 1000 sq ft

View more questions Search