Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2006, 08:47 PM
    How long can humans really live
    I had a friend tell me that he heard that if humans ate a natural human diet and not processed foods or foods that were not naturally produced or grown combined with improvements in health care and the standard of living the average human being could live to be 150 years old.

Now I'm very skeptical for several reasons seeing as how this story is already passed a couple of generations before I heard it. Admittingly, I'm sketical of my friend who told me this. And I asked why didn't cave men live longer, and he pointed out that they didn't have doctors.

Well I tried looking this up on the net and I couldn't find anything to verify it so it's probably not true. But there is one very odd thing that I have in the back of my head. It may not have anything to do with this question, but when I was a child we had a dog that we were not allowed to feed any human food too. All she ever drank was water. Any thing that was wrong she was taken to a vet. She ended up living 21 years.

Maybe that has nothing to do with anything but I just wonder if there is something to this story of eating foods that we were designed to eat and living to 150? Does anybody have any info on this?
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2006, 10:20 PM
    Not true, you have the environment to contend wfith like the air, and pure water isn't really pure. The streams have some contamination, some bacteria. Poor countries that do not have processed food. They don't live long. Read the bible and some people even during that era didn't live that long. Maybe one or two. Plus you have genetics involved that was passed on from generation to generation.. some people are very healthy when it comes to exercise and eating but have bad genetics and can die of cancer without smoking one cigarette.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2006, 11:34 PM
    Chuff,

My uncle had a cat and treated it like a human being and also fed lots of human treats to and lived until 23.

My puppy, lab. I gave her lots of treats, things that I should not have and lived until she was 18.

I had this discussion with somebody the other day, and I also heard it from others.

You know what counts the most. Or what is the most important gift or thought to living life , a long life. Most important factor LOVE. Lots of love and caring and patience. Does not matter how bad of a life style as long as the person is full of love and also enjoy there life (positive thinking) this will extend life for longer periods.

That is my thought about it anyway.

Joe
    vulcan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2011, 05:31 AM
    I agree with Jo, genetics does play a big factor, but exercising and eating fruit and whole grains and keeping your weight down reduces the risk of cancer, circulatory problems and heart conditions. Men that maintain healthy levels of testosterone in their middle to old age by exercising and limiting their stress live longer as well. These men will also have a strong desire for sex because exercising increases libido. Having regular sex releases endorphines and oxytocin, which has a positive psychological effect on both men and woman, and studies have shown that men and woman should have sex at least twice a week to increase their lifespans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can something immoral for Humans be OK for God? [ 54 Answers ]

If punishing crime via torture is wrong for humans how can it be thought to be right for God? Addendum: Let me say that the only reason I posted it was to get an honest opinion to this seeming paradox of people condemning humans who torture and praising a God they feel sends people to be...

Long-short-long [ 2 Answers ]

Hey you Okay I have a dilemma.For along time I had Long hair(almost to my butt)but then I started working out and it would get sweaty so I cut it shorter(wayyy shorter like I cut off over 20 inches)but now I kind of miss my long locks! All I can do is wait.But every time I had long hair somehow I...

How to live n why to live [ 19 Answers ]

Dear all, I'm a indian married women.When I was 12yrs old.a guy from my school(who was senior to me) approched me for friendship.I was very studies that time and I was from a conservative family.and the worst thing is that I am a coward person.I don't have courage to do anything.I...

What to do, how to live [ 8 Answers ]

See attachment

Humans [ 3 Answers ]

How long have humans inhabited the earth? Thanks! -alison

View more questions Search