Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sha83 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 09:13 AM
    19 weeks pregnant,drinking typhoo tea
    Im getting worried now about drinking tea during pregnancy, I always drink typhoo tea with milk,1 to 3 cups aday and I just find out in some articles that its also not good like coffee when pregnant. What could be the possibly side affect on my unborn baby? Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 09:15 AM

Birth defects can be a side effect of caffeine when you are pregnant.

You need to speak with your Physician - and stop drinking the tea.

You have had 13 separate questions about your pregnancy. I don't know why you are so anxious or if your anxiety is well founded but you need to speak to your Physician in general about all of your concerns.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 28, 2010, 09:36 AM
    One thing that helped me, way back when, was to keep a magnetic notepad on the fridge. When you thought of something you needed to ask your Doctor about, write it on the pad, and then bring it with you.
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 10:33 AM

It's certainly very wise to be safe and protective - Jake has a very good idea. Write down your questions. We on AMHD don't know your medical history, lifestyle, and so we're sort of just giving generalized info.
    cazort Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2011, 02:30 PM
    Tea is a lot safer than people realize, during pregnancy. Most teas are relatively low in caffeine, compared to coffee, and are going to be much safer than coffee... and much, much safer than, say, smoking or heavy alcohol use.

There's an article that I co-authored that addresses this topic specifically: tea and pregnancy. We cite recent guidelines of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, which establishes that drinking 200mg of caffeine or less daily is safe. 1-3 cups of tea a day is well under this amount, unless you're drinking 3 cups of exceptionally strong tea.

Don't worry too much. People often get hyper-concerned during pregnancy about what they're eating. Moderation is really the key issue... don't stress or worry about it. And when in doubt, you can always consult a medical professional, like Judy said, we aren't medical experts and don't know your medical history.

Good luck!
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2011, 03:36 PM
    Of course herbal teas can also be a problem - Drinking Herbal tea during Pregnancy : American Pregnancy Association : American Pregnancy Association

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 weeks old Shih Tzu puppy not drinking. [ 9 Answers ]

Sorry I can't seem to find out how to post a question.. I have a 5 week old puppy(zu) sorry if I spelt it wrong.. Anyways she will not drink water.. she did only once and will not touch it again. So what I have been doing is mixing her puppy mush with water and feeding that too her twice a day and...

8 weeks Maltese not eating or drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a 8-week-old maltese. The first day he didn't eat much and I know it was because the adjustment, the second day he ate just fine and he was doing really well. The third day, he is not eating at all! I let him alone last night, and from 7 to 11 am he was alone. Right now it's 4pm and...

Trying to get pregnant and drinking? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying for 2 months now to get pregnant. If last week was my ovulating week, is it still OK to drink? I would be taking a pregnancy test in about a week and a half if I don't get my period. I know it is not safe to drink while you are pregnant, but what about before you...

Drinking slimming tea safe? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I really want to loose weight but I'm not in a hurry though I can't find time to go to the gym because of the demand of my work.. I can't hit the gym anyway I heard from a friend of mine that she's drinking slimming tea which makes her poopSS hehehe everyday and she's losing some weights though...

View more questions Search