Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unik2u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 11:50 PM
    Australian pr get canceled
    Hi ,
    I have got my Australian PR in 2009 and I validate my PR by entering the country within the period they specified.My question is that at the moment I am not in australia and living abroad.Is it possible that under some conditions or new rules my PR get canceled due to my absence in the country or I can extend my visa for more 5 years if I can't meet the citizenship requirements during the first 5 years of havinfg the PR?
    freckles6210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 01:25 PM

Hello. As far as I no you have to live in the country for 2years out of the 5years to retain your PR visa. You can reside out of that counrty for 3years out of the 5years as long as you have spent 2 full years there. If you are living abroad with a family member or spouse whom has citizenship then that is classed as you are sill living in aussy. Go on to www.australia.gc.au or australia immigation to find out all your info need

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why did futurama get canceled [ 2 Answers ]

Why why why why I loved it what's wrong with futurama

Canceled wedding [ 8 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I have been together for 4 years, and have been engaged for 1 1/2 years. We were set to get Married in the beginning of October . My Fiancé had left for bootcamp for a little over 3 months and while he was gone I had finished up the last of the wedding planning so that when he came...

ScanDisc is canceled by XP [ 4 Answers ]

When I try to run ScanDisc on my desktop, I get a "ScanDisc has been canceled". I really need to run the program but it won't work... Help Thanks, Temperlou

View more questions Search