Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bethbuff2 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 08:45 PM
    I have a Schaff bros. Upright piano, style 36
    It's in pretty good condition, except where our cats have jumped off the top and scratched it, but it plays well and is in good tuning. Nothing broken or missing. How much would this be worth?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 02:37 AM
    Hi, Bethbuff2!

I'm sorry that no one has yet come along to address your question! I've also not been on the site in awhile. Have been a piano tuner/technician since 1974. I also do evaluations for the possible monetary value of pianos.

First questions: When was the last time that it was tuned? Also, can it be tuned to the American Standard of pitch of A=440, please?

Thanks!

Sep 7, 2010, 04:45 PM

It was last tuned in 2002, and yes it was A=440! I believe it may need to be tuned again, which is something I've been looking into, but it still sounds very beautiful, even if a little off.
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 11:48 PM
    Would it be possible for you to post a couple of images of it here? Also, does it have a bench that goes with it where the design matches the rest of the instrument?

Sep 9, 2010, 10:31 PM

Actually, I'm not sure about the bench, but I don't think it is the original. It looks a tad modern for the piano. The piano is actually at my mothers house right now, so it may take me a day or two so I can go take some photos. Thank you again for helping me out. I will have photos up before the weekend is over.
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2010, 01:28 AM
    Okay. That sounds great! I'll look forward to it!

Please let me know on this thread if you have any trouble in posting the images.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Schaff Bros. Upright piano seriel # 35301, is it worth anything? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an old Schaff Bros. piano. The body is not too good and not all of the keys work. Is there any chance it is worth anything? If not, I am going to take it apart and make something of the wood! Traci

Antique Player Piano - Schaff Bros Co [ 12 Answers ]

Hello! I am new to this community but it seems like a great place to find information! I was just given an old Schaff Bros Co player piano. It looks to be in great shape except for it is missing most of the parts for the automatic music player. However, it still functions as a regular piano....

Antique Schaff Bros. Piano purchase [ 1 Answers ]

I am about to buy an antique Schaff Bros. upright piano #48270. It is in good condition. The sounding board is not warped, the keys are ivory and are all there, the body is in good condition. What would be a fair market price for this piano (without bench)?

Schaff bros piano [ 7 Answers ]

I found an old piano in poor condition is it worth anything?

View more questions Search