Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    political Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 06:30 PM
    Can LED light bulbs be used with track lighting heads that use an electronic transfor
    I have purchased low voltage track lighting heads that have individual electronic transformes for MR 16 halogen 50W bulbs. Can I place MR 16 9W LED bulbs instead even though magnetic transformers are recommended?

Thanks in advance
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 03:01 AM
    Do what the manufacturer recommends.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Track lighting - low vs line voltage and best lamp for warm light [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am installing track lighting in my living room (ceiling slopes from 9 to 12 ft) and the track will be placed low at about 9 or 10 ft. I want the light to feel warm (create a warm ambiance) AND I need the light to: 1) "point" at a painting about 10 ft away, 2) "point" at a painting about 5...

Hampton Bay EC Series Track Lighting System Eating Bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay EC Series Track Lighting System that was installed when my home was built 9 years ago. I notice that I am changing bulbs more frequently than in the past. How can I correct this?

Replacing exiting track light with recessed lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace an existing track light (3 lights) with 5 recessed lightings in my living room. Just wondering what type of cables or gauge I needed for the five lightings. I intend to just put a 35 watt halogen bulb for each receptacle. I also need to know the wiring diagram to install...

Halogen Track Light blowing bulbs [ 1 Answers ]

I added a third light (one that had been sitting in my closet for years) to one of my tracks which immediately blew the bulbs in the other two lights. Thinking the light to be defective, or perhaps the limit on the track to be 2 not 3, I removed it and replaced the bulbs in the other two lights....

View more questions Search