Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    francayman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2006, 01:18 PM
    How to unistall a program with a missing file
    Hello all,I have a problem with me PC,I am trying to uninstall a program and when I try from the Control Panel a window shows up telling me that I can't because there is a file missing in the program,what can I do?
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Reinstall it then run the uninstall.
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Dec 31, 2006, 08:01 PM
    Depends on what file it is. You can try another option which is very simple. Click My computer, local disk c, program file. Then check for the file name. When you find it right-click on it and press delete. Then go to the recycle bin and delete it. I would hope it's not an adult program because if it is then you're screwed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing program [ 1 Answers ]

Missing modem icon and program in control panel, windows 98se on used dell dimension xps T650R computer. Can I install this program and how is it done? :confused:

CAB File Missing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Hoping someone can help me with my dilema for MS OFFICE 2003 Small Business Edition. When I try to open word etc, it goes to windows installer every time and then asks for the missing cab file SKU0CA.CAB I don't have access to the original pre-load that came with the computer...

Missing file for JL2005A camera [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to set up a Jl2005A dual function digital camera together with ArcSoft Photoimpression 4 from a CD. I have Windows XP and lots of harddisc. I have also in the past downloaded (online) Service Pack 2. When I connect the camera via a USB I get a message "The file 'dshowext.ax' on Windows...

View more questions Search