Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aharrin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 01:42 PM
    A lien was placed against me on property I was renting it is an IRS lien and I have h
    The IRS filed liens for my delinquent taxes on properties where I was only renting.I had no ownership in any of thses properties.Do the liens remain IRS and recorder of deeds blamed each other when I tried to have the liens removed
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2010, 01:46 PM

I'd try again - the IRS can't lien against property you don't own UNLESS they liened aganst your security deposit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lien from landlord who says I did not pay rent... now I have a lien... not true [ 6 Answers ]

I was living in Spanish Harlem in NY... I moved out of my apartment... which was paid in full. Four years later I am sent a letter stating I owed them $3000. I was shocked. I spoke to their lawyer who's assistant was really rude and unhelpful.. I had sent them a letter saying I wanted to...

IRS Tax Lien missed by Title Company [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased a foreclosed home with cash in the fall of 2008. The seller (a large bank) paid all of the closing fees including title charges and we received a Limited Warranty Deed at closing from the Title company. In January, we were contacted by the IRS regarding a substantial tax lien against...

IRS lien [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I have a tax lien, roughly $20k. This lien was placed against our house, and a few old rental homes we had. However, when things hit the fan, and they usually do for a reason, and as I lost my job, I had to file bankrupcty. Included in the bankruptcy, I listed the primary home,...

IRS lien on the house I just bought. [ 5 Answers ]

We just bought a house. Closing is on the 28th or the 29th, We called today to find out which and we were told there is a problem. The seller didn't tell anyone that the IRS had a lien on the house. The bank that foreclosed on her and put the house up for sale didn't catch it until today. We made...

IRS Tax Lien [ 5 Answers ]

My brother owes $100,000.00+ from payroll withholding taxes he failed to pay upon closing a business. The IRS filed a tax lien on him personally as he was responsible. He is very depressed and lives on a very small income in a rooming house now. He pay little or nothing to the IRS in spite of...

View more questions Search