Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    draws Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2010, 12:14 PM
    4 wire house to garage
    I need to run 240volts to my garage. I'm using a 4 wire 2 black one green and black with white. My ? Where do I hook up the green and black with white at my house and in my garage's box
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 27, 2010, 02:19 PM

Normally a 4 wire cable will have, Black /Red (hots) White (Neutral, can also be a black with three white stripes) and Ground (Green)

Do you need 120 /240 Volts?

Also since you did not tell us what amperage you need for this feeder, we have no way to determine whether you have the correct gauge cable.

And lastly, you did not give us any information on what the wires are connecting to so it is difficult to guess the correct connections would be.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 03:06 AM
    Photos of panels or connections at both ends of the cable will help us help you determine how to connect the wiring.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misuse of ground wire as neutral return wire in old house [ 5 Answers ]

Here a problem where the "obvious" solution scares me, need some advice on how to best proceed. My home (built 1920 with knob and tube type wiring) has been upgraded over the years by prior owners, but in many place still has active current in the old wires, in other places it is spliced into a...

How much wire to wire a 3 bed 1 bath dormer house (ireland) [ 4 Answers ]

How much wire to wire a 3 bed 1bath dormer house(ireland)

Hot wire from house to garage [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a garage with all wiring and futures in it and only problem I have is that I don't have any hot wire to garage and I find line goes to the garage from underground but line was dead and I couldn't find where line goes. Please, if anyone can help. My Q is how can I have new...

View more questions Search