Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Aug 27, 2010, 09:41 AM
    Ran into my ex finance a couple of weeks ago?
    It's been several years since I posted here but my ex fiancé broke up with me about 3 1/2 years ago.I do know she was engaged to another guy but she broke it off with him
    Also and been with others but they don't last. I do know she wanted to get back with me again a couple of years ago. So my sister ran into her on train about 3 months ago and my
    Ex was asking a lot of questions about me if I was seeing anyone etc. So I haven't spoken to her in over 3 years, so about a month ago I saw her at the store. She called out my name
    I turned around and I was in shock. She started talking to me I said few word and then walked away from her. My first reaction was to hug her but after that I ignord her the hole time I was in store. I thought by talking to her that would tell her how she treated me and what she did to me was OK. Deep down I still care for her but I could never take her back again. My question is now that I have seen her I feel hurt again in my heart and missing the good times we had but not missing the evil stuff she did to me. I have thought about her threw out the years but not like this has anyone ever run into ex and have those feeling come back?

BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 27, 2010, 10:07 AM

To some extent. Your line of "I thought by talking to her that would tell her how she treated me and what she did to me was ok" seems to be making a lot out of a situation that should not require such deep analytical thought.

You seem to be analyzing what everything means. Her asking a lot of questions about you - your head tells you that must mean something right?

I think it's normal to have stuff surface a bit upon seeing an old flame, though obsessing about it would not be considered normal.

3 1/2 years you say? That's along time to get over someone. Turn it into motivation. I, personally, view it as a drive to find someone even better. Although I do not recommend doing some of the things I do:)

Best of luck.

Aug 27, 2010, 10:15 AM
    Ya 3 1/2 years is but she stalked me and kept driving past my house for about a year after she broke up with me. I can say I'm over her but I guess I miss the time we had together.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 27, 2010, 10:15 AM

Of course it does. Even though your heart has 'healed' there will always be residue left of the good and... bad times that are left in there to remind you. Emotions are a query, once you have them they are like a memory that comes back, sometimes when you least expect them too.

Stringer
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 27, 2010, 11:21 AM

Wouldn't the stalking part aid you in getting over her quicker?

Sounds like you can do better friend.

Aug 27, 2010, 11:43 AM
    She was my first love and we were engaged so when she drove past it took me longer to get over her along with all the other crap she pulled after break up. And I DO NOT want her back so that tells me I'm over her I just want to know why I'm thinking of her a lot more now.
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Aug 27, 2010, 12:24 PM

I'm sure you'll always feel a 'soft' spot for her. As you said you can't see getting back with her... therefore why even give it, this chance encounter, a second thought?
    CarrotTalker Posts: 392, Reputation: 189

Aug 27, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SAB123 View Post
    Ya 3 1/2 years is but she stalked me and kept driving past my house for about a year after she broke up with me. I can say I'm over her but I guess I miss the time we had together.
    Wow, she was stalking you, even though she was the one to break it off?

Sounds like a keeper!:eek:

I don't think I've heard that one before.
    lamp_post Posts: 73, Reputation: 15

Aug 28, 2010, 08:21 PM

Is it just the grudge that u are holding against her to say u don't want her back but now u misses her. Would u give another go since its been 3 1/2 years.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 08:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lamp_post View Post
    is it just the grudge that u are holding against her to say u dont want her back but now u misses her. would u give another go since its been 3 1/2 years.
    No text or chat speak at all.

To the OP. It doesn't matter who ended it. It doesn't matter if she drove by your house. That was a long time ago. No, it isn't unusual to think of someone whom you once loved so deeply. You have a happy life now so don't think there is anything wrong with your memories of her.
    Rememeber this, the memory of an old love is better then reality.:)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Don't beat yourself over this.

She was a big love.

You can be over her and not over it completely.

For ex... I had a big love breakup once that ended pretty badly.

I moved on.

Dated again.

Married.

Then, as it turned out... I started teaching at a university where that past lover was present.

Every time I saw her on campus, my blood pressure went up. I became a little anxious.

I didn't want to think about her. Didn't want to see her.

I had a good love that was exciting and new and good.

I had moved past the past enough to start over again... but I still felt the sting of that breakup when I saw her.

Now... several more years down the line... I now am friends with that past lover. I feel no reget or pangs. No anxiety or confusion.

It took so long to get to this place. To let the bad wash away.

So... you are "allowed" to feel uncomfortable thinking about her. It was a painful place in your life. Accept it. Its OK.

*poof*

Feel better?

Nah. Oh well. Wish it was that easy.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 09:25 PM

It's okay to have memories. If you and she got back together you would find , the memories are better than going back. It is never how we remember it.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2010, 11:26 PM

Just chalk this up to running into her. So what? Just confirmation that:

"I could never take her back again."

So, there you go. On to the next chapter.

Its been 3.5 years dude. As if you would take her back.

Hope you are over her now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search