Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shih-tzu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Giving 4 week old puppies strongit
    I am wondering how often and in what dosage to give 4 week old puppies strongit? I have had one source say to give it in 1/4 cc dosage to each puppy in the procedure of 5 days on, 5 days off, then 5 days on again. This seems a bit much to me. Please help as I don't want to over-medicate them, but I do want to do what's best for them.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2006, 11:48 AM
    What does your vet say?
    shih-tzu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2006, 03:13 PM
    Thank you for you response. Your question is a good one and I've been trying to remember what he told me, actually. I wish so much he was in as I'd call him and ask him, but with the holiday he's not available to call and ask. I am trying to figure out a direction until I can call him Tuesday as I have just started these babies on puppy food (having mom still supplement them until they really get going on the food) and I am noticing a metallic odor in their stools, which I know is not normal. I have started them on Albon (this is something my vet has told me is a good thing to do when I start them on puppy food as a preventative to anything they might be exposed to that their systems may not be ready to handle on their own) and I will do this for the next 5 - 7 days. Albon really helps them. I am hoping it will get them over whatever is causing the metallic odor. But, in the meantime I am struggling with whether to give them more than the one dose of strongit I have given them. Obviously, I won't give them more unless I am really settled about what to do. If I notice the odor getting worse or notice I have an obvious problem coming up in the babies, I'll just call the vet at home and spoil his Christmas... but I'll only do it if it's a true emergency. I have the best vet in the world! I was just hoping that someone with more knowledge than me could share their experience and knowledge with me so that I could avoid calling my vet. Again, thank you for your response. Merry Christmas!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Giving up parental right [ 8 Answers ]

I live in TX and so does my ex she wants to take me off the birth certificate of HER 6 year old son not mine I just signed the certificate not knowing at the time and Im willing to let her do so what is the proper protocol for this situation:D

4 week old puppies [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 week old Alaskan Malamute puppies and the mom doesn't always let them nurse for long. I would like to know if it is OK to let the pups start eating puppy chow? They all have teeth.

Giving up my dreams? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I originally went to college for film I wanted to direct or produce and after one year I joined the army reserve and left school to move where my new husband was stationed. Now I'm an 'army wife' and mom which is common around here but my husband is getting out soon and I would like to go...

Puppies [ 1 Answers ]

My pug had two puppies they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. One just went to her new home today now the other puppy is acting kind of sad is it normal?

Feeding 2 week old puppies! [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, Are beagle had puppies just about 2 weeks ago, 2 really good size a 1 a runt. We have been bottle feeding them since the first day , cause are beagle had a C-secntion and we did not want to put her more pain.. I was wondering at what age can they drink/eat on there own... AND

View more questions Search