Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Dec 24, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Mistaken information
    Thanks for the information you gave me . Now my friend and I was talking about what happened with my account being wrongfully attached and all the mess it created any way she wanted to know "if a debtor is going to file bankruptcy after their account is frozen doesn't the creditor lose money with all the time and effort he took to collect a debt only to find out that person filed bankruptcy and they would not get their money anyway?" By the way I found out the person's account mine was mistaken for did file bankruptcy when they caught up with them so what did the creditor gain ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2006, 10:49 AM
    If the account was already attached, its too late.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Dec 24, 2006, 12:52 PM
    What do you mean too late This person listed this judgement on his bankruptcy or so I was told so what did the creditor gain? I thought bankruptcy released the frozen account and the debt is discharged or may I just totally don not understand
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 24, 2006, 12:59 PM
    If the debt was not discharged before the attachment is executed its too late.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Useful Information [ 38 Answers ]

I'm bored... this might not sound very fluent because I'm pretty much just typing what comes off my head. Feel free to add things and I'll edit it and we can make it into something big that everyone can read, because it seems like everyone has the relative same problems. I used to be there, not...

Information [ 3 Answers ]

How many countries are there in world? How many muslim countries? How many hindu countris? Tell me about every relegion countries

Help: a laywer placed a lien on us with a case of mistaken identity [ 12 Answers ]

Help. A lawyer placed a lien against us by mistake. He mistook my wife to be another person (identical name) who lost a judgment in California Superior court. The judgment's original + interest is in 6 figure numbers. I found out when I received a notice of renewal of judgment via mail. ...

Some information [ 2 Answers ]

Don't exactly know if if is related to psychic abilites but can anyone often any info on psychokinesis can't seem to find much on the subject.

View more questions Search