Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucyhealy135 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2010, 11:34 AM
    I need help.. badly!

Hi my names lucy,I have a problem with my boyfriend and I'm starting to get really worried about him...
    My boyfriend is 19 and he was adopted,but his mum and dad (the ones who adopted him) is taking over his life,he is 19,and is really feeling down.. for excample,his pashion is football and djing,he is brilliant at both,but his "mum and dad" are letting him down by now letting him do them,they keep saying "your not a dj" we both know he's not a dj but he really does want to be.. I was talking to him 10minutes ago and he even brought up the topic about killing himself.. he said I'm the only good thing he has in his life.he writes letters to himself saying what he wants,and doesn't want.. he even looks up houses he wants to buy.. I would really love to help him out but I can't help him out.. this has been going on for years now and I really think he is going to kill himself someday if he doesn't get his dreams.. could you help me please,I don't know what todo!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 11:45 AM

At 19, he still lives at home? Does he have plans for further education or training?

Aug 26, 2010, 12:00 PM

Yeah.. they won't let him move out... he has plans but they won't let him make them
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 12:44 PM

Does he work?

How would he follow his dreams?

Aug 26, 2010, 12:47 PM

They won't let him work,he hasn't a cent in his pocket,he wants to get his own place and start a simple job then when he gets the money he can start his dreams
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyhealy135 View Post
    they wont let him work,he hasnt a cent in his pocket,he wants to get his own place and start a simple job then when he gets the money he can start his dreams
    WHY won't they allow him to work? What does he do all day??

Aug 26, 2010, 01:10 PM

That's why he wants to kill himself.. he just sits in his room all day playing xbox.. thats no life! They said he's no good at anything
    FoxCash Posts: 160, Reputation: 125

Aug 26, 2010, 01:11 PM

If he's old enough to leave why does he allow them to rule him?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 01:15 PM

Are you in a situation where he could move out and move in with you to get away from everything and so he can start his dreams?

Just a thought, he should not be under this kind of stuff. He should have a job and place of his own. At the age of 19 I bought my own house. At 18, I had my own apartment. He should be able to do the same.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 02:20 PM

Would they allow him to go to a community college to get an associate's degree?

Aug 26, 2010, 02:22 PM

Foxcash: I don't know that what I'm trying to find out myself.. adam:i was thinking that myself,like my brothers are his age,he could go out with them and all kinds of stuff,it's a sujestion I'm thinking over.. ino he's an adult now,but he said to me himself that if he moves out he doesn't want anything todo with them,but they rared him most of his life,their not his real parents but they mise well be,and it'l be harsh if he moves out and never speak to them again.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 02:49 PM

Does he play with his XBox so much that his parents tell him he's wasting his life?

Most people can't make money playing football or being a DJ. Do his parents want him to learn a trade that will make money for him, and he doesn't want to?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want him so badly! [ 14 Answers ]

He is my friend's ex and I have only seen him once for less than 5mins some time last year and apparently they broke up sometime back. So I spoke to him last week for the first time because of some misunderstanding that happened between me and my friend. Then he went away for easter holiday and...

I Need an Escape Badly [ 104 Answers ]

Well, I just lost two of my best friends in a fight... and I'm kind of, bisexual and liked one of them... she was my best friend and she kind of liked me back. She said a few days ago that I was her best friend but she needs a break from me and she don't know if she's going to come back. I've...

Want a divorce so badly [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a tough situation right now. My husband is cheating on me, he is an alcoholic, and takes all our money out of the bank. My hours at work were cut in half, so now I only have half my income. I don't have any money to pay for a divorce, and I don't want to loose my house. I am currently on...

Hearing Badly [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes I can't hear properally I have never been to a concert so I don't want to lose my hearing. What can prevent me from my hearing going worse. DOes it run in the family because my mom amd dad are sort of deaf:confused:

I need help badly [ 3 Answers ]

I have very dark spots on both cheeks. I have tried Neutrogena Chemical Peel along with Neutrogena Skin Block. This has not helped. Could you please suggest what skin whitener I could use to get rid of these spots?:eek:

View more questions Search