Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Idrees Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Aug 26, 2010, 06:30 AM
    Cataract and red eyes
    A month ago my mother had inching in her eyes. So we took her to the doctor. He examined and said she has cataract developing and prescribed some drops and said she'll have to undergo operation for lens replacement after some months or a year. She got problem with those drops and outside of her eyes was swelled that seemed like if her eyes were sunken inside. So another doctor said to put natural tears (instead of those drops) in her eyes which she did. A day ago she had itching in her right eye and it became red. So I took pictures of her eyes and put on my website. Please click here to see this https://sites.google.com/site/muhamm...me/eyesproblem . Can anyone tell me whether this redness of her eye is linked with cataract or there can be anything else that the doctors might not have known?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 26, 2010, 12:16 PM

It's highly unlikely that us non-doctors will know something that the doctor doesn't. It redness could be from her scratching the itch, it could be pink eye. If you don't trust what your doctor has said, seek the advice of another doctor. That's your best bet. Especially when dealing with cataracts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cataract Eyes [ 2 Answers ]

I have cataract in 1 eye and starting on the other. I can't afford to get my eyes checked or surgery. I am diabetic and have no income, no insurance and the state will not help me. I can't get it because I am 52 years old. Do you know of any one that offers free service for eye care in the metro...

Red eyes [ 2 Answers ]

Fluorescent lights cause my eyes to be red. Without fail when I go to stores like Walmart, etc, my eyes turn red. Do you know of anyone who have had the problem and found something that works. My last complete vision exam, they said my eyes were healthy but I still have this problem. ...

Red Eyes [ 2 Answers ]

Help. I am a 50 year old Male is excellent physical condition. Each morning when I wake up the whites of my eyes are bright red. It looks like I have been on a 7 day drunk with no sleep. Problem is that it occurs every day and even if I can get it cleared up with redness reducer it is always back...

Beginning of cataract eyes? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, in the dark with artificial light coming from behind my cat's head, it looks like she has a milky film to her eyes. Should I be worried?

View more questions Search