Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarasmom61809 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Oct 24, 2010, 11:11 AM
    The constable levied me again WRONGFULLY. Can I sue for damages
    This is the second time this had happened. One judge put my money back in my account-- then it happens again and Im waiting for my money--- Leaving me with a child and $0.00 in my account
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2010, 11:30 AM

We need to know the circumstances. Your account can't be levied without a court order. So how was this done wrongfully?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 11:35 AM

Yes, please explain what type of court order, did you go back to court and get the order over turned,

Why was the money given back the first time, and how long ago was it

Oct 24, 2010, 05:06 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Do you remember talking with me back in August? I was dismissed with prejudice from a case and then my account was levied. After a few court dates, and finally getting in touch with the constable, the judge returned my $.Thurs my $ was levied again

Oct 24, 2010, 05:14 PM
    Im not sure you you remember me. I'll repost my old stuff from August. This is crazy.

Oct 24, 2010, 05:14 PM

I've merged your threads. You should have just added to the original thread.

What you need to find out is whether this new levy is based on the same case. If it is I would show the bank the previous court order. If it is I would tell them to lift the freeze immediately or you will include them in your suit against the plaintiff. Then I would sue her.

Oct 24, 2010, 05:21 PM
    The plaintiff did it the right way this time. The writ clearly states his name with ONLY in big bold letters after it

Oct 24, 2010, 05:25 PM

Don't use the comments to add follow-up. Use the Answer options.

So the bank levied your account that doesn't have his name on it? Did you point that out to the bank? Did the write include an account number?

Oct 24, 2010, 05:25 PM
    The $ is supposed to be in my account tom. Someone is not doing their job. They're typing in the docket # and that's it... This is the 2nd time and they leave me flat broke for days and/or weeks. I can't keep missing work. I've lost $ because of this

Oct 24, 2010, 05:31 PM
    Oh OK sorry :o)... The first writ, the plaintiff put my name and account # on it which she wasn't supposed to because I was already dismissed ( unless she thought he was on the account) which is understandable. The new writ, she had actually done correctly. I did point it out to the bank but they could give me no answers. I don't know who to scream at more, the courts or the bank?

Oct 24, 2010, 05:31 PM

I think you may have grounds for a suit this time

Oct 24, 2010, 05:38 PM
    Do you really think? I
    've missed so much work going back and forth to court the first time-- you remember my stress level was through the roof. This time, I walked out of work and went right to the court house and demanded an answer. The judge that originally handled my case was on vacation. The one they gave me thurs for an emeg hearing was a complete jerk to me. After that, the girls in the office said this shouldn't have happened AGAIN.. That night I felt lie I was having a heart attack or a nervous break down. This isn't fair to me. So fri morning I went back to the court to try and get more answers. They were all helpful and said the $ should be in there today( fri) or mon. Ya think they would have made sure it was in right away, but NO.. I have to wait for their mistake. If it's not there tom, what should I do? If it is there tomorrow, should I still raise hell?

Oct 24, 2010, 05:49 PM

If the bank levied your account when the writ did not mention it, then it's the bank's fault.

Oct 24, 2010, 06:01 PM
    OK. So the courts have to show the bank the NEW writ that the plaintiff filled out. The new judge said that I failed to file a motion to have my name removed from the judgement so it's my fault that they went in again. The office downstairs said that filing a motion would only dismiss me as well and that my name will always be linked to that case even though I am not liable. They said that somebody is not reading the writ, that they see my name on top and that's what they're going by. They said filing a motion is not going to do anything, that the writ clearly states him as the debtor not me
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 24, 2010, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasmom61809 View Post
    ok. so the courts have to show the bank the NEW writ that the plaintiff filled out. The new judge said that I failed to file a motion to have my name removed from the judgement so it's my fault that they went in again. The office downstairs said that filing a motion would only dismiss me as well adn that my name will always be linked to that case even though I am not liable. They said that somebody is not reading the writ, that they see my name on top and thats what they're going by. They said filing a motion is not going to do anything, that the writ clearly states him as the debtor not me
    It's unclear what's going on here. We have 5 pages in this thread and only on the last two pages are posts dated today or any time since August 27th. If the judgment creditor obtained a writ of execution against you although there was an order in the case file dismissing you from the case (looks like a case of terminal stupidity on the part of the clerk of court), you may be entitled to an award of damages against the judgment creditor.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasmom61809 View Post
    The plaintiff did it the right way this time. The writ clearly states his name with ONLY in big bold letters after it
    Ok, maybe the plaintiff tried to avoid the mistake and the clerk screwed up anyway. I would vigorously complain to the clerk's boss.

Oct 25, 2010, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    It's unclear what's going on here. We have 5 pages in this thread and only on the last two pages are posts dated today or any time since August 27th. To summarize: If the judgment creditor obtained a writ of execution against you although there was an order in the case file dismissing you from the case (looks like a case of terminal stupidity on the part of the clerk of court), you may be entitled to an award of damages against the judgment creditor.

Ok, maybe the plaintiff tried to avoid the mistake and the clerk screwed up anyway. I would vigorously complain to the clerk's boss.
    I merged the two threads because the original thread gives the background needed. If you had read through it, it becomes clear. A judgment was awarded the plaintiff against the OP's husband ONLY. However, the plaintiff fudged the original writ so the OP's account, which the husband is not listed on, was levied. The OP went back to the court and the writ was vacated. The plaintiff resubmitted the writ correctly, but the bank applied it AGAIN against her account.

Therefore this time it was the bank's mistake, and, given the fact that a write was previously removed and the fact that the write did not apply to her account, she may have a cause of action against the bank.

Oct 25, 2010, 05:08 AM
    I spoke with the bank manager last night because I personally know her. When this happened, she asked the woman who took care of uit. She stated that once again, both of our names were on the judgement paper. The clerks office said that my name will never be removed from that docket # even though I am dismissed. Also stated that filing a motion to dismiss my name from the judgement would do nothing but dismiss me and that my name would still remain. I have all this paperwork stating that I am dismissed and am not liable but they take all of my $ anyway. As I stated to you ScottGem who's helped me so much, I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I've proved myself to the first judge which wasn't easy and now a new judge doesn't let me get two words in. He was so mean to me. This is making me more upset as the time passes. I can't wait to check my account later to see if the $ is put back in. If it is, should I still raise hell? If it isn't, what should be the next step that I take? Thurs the $ was levied- so I'm on day 5. I just don't want to waste any time. Once again, all of your help is greatly appreciated.

Oct 25, 2010, 05:11 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    Definitely looks like what happened to me. I have all these people on my side at the court house but no true answer as to why this happened. They are pointing the finger at the constibale

Oct 25, 2010, 05:11 AM
    Comment on AK lawyer's post
    Constable ;o)

Oct 25, 2010, 05:46 PM
    I was on the phone with the bank and court all day today while I was at work. The money has not been put in as of now. They have all of the paperwork but no relief on my end. I'm so lost

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get arrested if I don't show up to court if I'm getting sued in divorce court? [ 17 Answers ]

Can I get arrested if I do not show up to court if I'm being sued in a divorce procedure?

Court dismissed a lien but plaintiff will not release [ 2 Answers ]

Having a problem with my contractor that did not complete the building on my home. He walked away and removed the building permit. Since then we had to complete the home ourselves. He has since then placed a lien on our property, both parties have legal representation. We had a motion to have the...

What is the difference if my charges were dismissed by the court vs by the prosecutor [ 1 Answers ]

In Phx municipal court my charges were dismissed by the court vs by the prosecutor. What is the difference and what effect does it have in relation to the requirements to refile the charges or on the statute of limitations to refile or on the 6month "savings clause" to refile charges?

My husband received a letter from constable we were being sued in court for not paying [ 1 Answers ]

We have 20 days to respond.or they will file a jugement How do I do this and what do I say?were down to 7 days and I need help fast...

If a judgment was dismissed can I be sued again for it? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I went to court for a old credit card that was bought by a collection agency that found I was on SS Disability and non garnishable.I asked for prof this was my acct. an did not say it was mine,anyway the judge gave them 30 days to show it was. Friday I received a letter stat they filed for...

View more questions Search