Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiralbound Posts: 49, Reputation: 0

Aug 25, 2010, 07:58 PM
    Disagreement with roomates
    Not sure if I am in the right topic for this. I'll keep this short and to the point.

Basically me and my Roommates are at odds, one of them is the landlord. So I have classes I take online, so I am at home most of the day in my room. When ever I turn the air conditioner on my landlord roommate turns the system right back off, my room gets up to 95 degrees during the day, and at night it never goes below 85 even with the window open. I am constantly sweaty and I have to shower 3-4 times a day so I don't smell so bad, I can't sleep at night because I am so hot and when I wake up the bed is soaked with sweat. I have gotten to the point where I have to go buy a bag of ice and sleep on it to stay cool.

Is there any legal options I can take or should I just break the lease and move?

If you are wondering how my roommates handle the heat, they don't, they usually don't stay at home, just the landlord keeps telling me that I am going to have to pay extra on the utility bill if I keep turning the air conditioner on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 08:06 PM

If you have a lease, that states what you pay, that is all you have to pay, so turn it back on and give him written notice that you have a right to keep the your rental area to a livable temp.
    spiralbound Posts: 49, Reputation: 0

Aug 25, 2010, 08:31 PM

Is there a legal definition of a livable temp?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marriage disagreement [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and are already know that we are together forever... but we disagree on when we should get married... I want to get married at 17-18 and he doesn't want me to have to deal with being engaged in high school... he wants to wait until I am 20... Should I go with what he's saying? Or...

Bread disagreement [ 9 Answers ]

I have recently noticed that whenever I eat bread about 30mins after I feel terribly bloated and my stomach actually swells out and does not stop gurgling anf rumbling and I get awful wind as well. Is this something I should be looking into further? Or need to be worried about? Could I be allergic...

I am having a disagreement with one of my roommates [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Pensacola, Florida in a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom apartment. I reside with 3 roommates, two of which are on the lease. I myself along with one of my roommates are not on the lease. We all moved in the apartment at the same time and I established a verbal agreement with one of the...

Co-owners in disagreement [ 3 Answers ]

When my father died he left his house to myself and his girlfriend. She lives in the house and she is the only one on the mortgage which she is in default on. I want her to sell the house and she refuses. I am worried about the bank taking the house. Can this happen? What can I do leagally to...

View more questions Search