Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mischief79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 07:11 PM
    Is there a law concerning siblings of the opposite sex sharing a bedroom in nc?
    I have 2 daughters, a 12 year old and a 9 year old, I also have a 7 year old son. Is it illegal to have the 9 year old and the 7 year old share a room so that my 12 year old can have her own room? My girls don't want to share a room with each other and so I was trying to find a solution to my problem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 07:32 PM

Unless you are being investigated by social services, there are no real laws ( often in poor families many kids will share one room)
    But in this case no, while not a law, it is not really a good idea for older kids to be sharing, so keep girls in one room, boy in the other
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2010, 06:47 PM

No law but it would not be appropriate at these ages for the boy and girl to share a room. The solution is for your daughters not to think they get to tell their mother how the household will be set up. My sister and I shared a room at these ages. We didn't want to because we argued all the time. Whoever's voice was heard whining, crying or complaining or whomever was seen or noticed doing disrespectful or rude things to the other was up for extra chores. If my parents couldn't tell who was the guilty party, we both got extra chores. After a few months of dishes and laundry, we changed our tune and found a way to share our room. If we argued, we at least made darned sure our parents didn't know we were arguing!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opposite sex siblings sharing a bedroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children who are 8, 5 and 4 and they are sharing the same bedroom at the moment, the older two are girls and the youngest is a boy. I've been on the council waiting list for a 3 bedroomed house for over 4 years now but as far as they know it is okay for the children to be sharing a room. ...

What is the North Carolina law for siblings sharing same bedroom? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old daughter that visits with her dad every other weekend. She also has an 8 year old brother by another woman that her bio-dad got with after he and I separated. The bio-dad gets both kids on the same weekend for visitation with him and they have to share a room together. I...

Sharing bedroom with opposite sex [ 11 Answers ]

Hi My daughter sleeps at her dads house two days a week and Recently she has told me that she shares her bedroom with her older brother I thought there was some kind of law against this my daughter is only 4 years and her half brther is 13 yrs old I am personally not happy about this but I don't...

Opposite Sex Siblings sharing a bedroom [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of Wisconsin, is there any law prohibiting opposite-sex siblings from sharing a bedroom after a certain age?

Twin of opposite sex sharing bedroom [ 4 Answers ]

My twin grandkids are almost 13 and they live with the father and a step mother. They recently all moved in with her parents and the twin have to share a bed room. I don't like it and is it legal

View more questions Search