Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alikat Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 09:23 PM
    relationship question
    I started dating a man in June who was going through a divorce, I as well was going through relationship issues at the time.We had known each other for 6 years and then starting talking again as we were going thorough our problems.We both have children, and are very dedidv=cated to them. We started datinfg in June, had a lot in common and had fun together, share the same values etc... Sept comes, and he enters thereapy, therapist suggests he stops dating to get his head clear and to get over his wife... Assures me we will still be friends... Well, now we hardly talk.. If ever... All I can say, is that this really has me a mess.. I felt "it"That connection.. I felt that it was real.. I just don't know where to go from here.. I have tried to let it go.. but then I call, or email, or text him... not hardly ever getting a response.. He said he is sorry he hurt me and for the first time in his life he has to be selfish and think about him.. I am just wondering.. Is there hope.. or do I move on>
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2006, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alikat
    I started dating a man in June who was going through a divorce, I as well was going through relationship issues at the time.We had known each other for 6 years and then starting talking again as we were going thorough our problems.We both have children, and are very dedidv=cated to them. We started datinfg in June, had alot in common and had fun together, share the same values ect...Sept comes, and he enters thereapy, therapist suggests he stops dating to get his head clear and to get over his wife...Assures me we will still be friends...Well, now we hardly talk..If ever...All I can say, is that this really has me a mess..I felt "it"That connection..I felt that it was real.. I just dont know where to go from here.. I have tried to let it go..but then I call, or email, or text him...not hardly ever getting a response..He said he is sorry he hurt me and for the first time in his life he has to be selfish and think about him..I am just wondering..Is there hope..or do I move on>
    He's doing what the theraapist suggested. If someone jumps into one relashion without fixing the other first, it can cause grief. He needs to have clear judgement before setting you up. Using you as a crutch is not fair and not grieving and ending the first relatioship is not fair to you. Continue to see if he is OK and wait. If he was truly your friend he will show up. If he doesn't, he was never really yoour friend in the first place
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 24, 2006, 05:54 AM
    Ali, I would move on.
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2006, 06:02 AM
    This is essentially the same question you posted in the relationships forum:
    http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relatio...ime-49683.html
    Are you hoping that psychics and fortune tellers will give you answers you like better?
    alikat Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    This is essentially the same question you posted in the relationships forum:
    http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relatio...ime-49683.html
    Are you hoping that psychics and fortune tellers will give you answers you like better?
    Well, they are supposed to be psychics.. Not that I didn't like your answers, I do agree, I just wanted to know if there is hope for this relationship in the fututre or if I should just cut my losses and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question about my relationship? We are just friends.But.. [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I need some advice, I am hanging out with this girl who is 16 and I am 17 and we wrap our arms around each other and sort of act as if we are going out. But we are just friends and I was wondering if its normal for a guy and girl friend to hold hands and hold each other and hug? I mean I...

How do I know if this is the right relationship? [ 23 Answers ]

Past couple of days I've been debating with myself whether I love my girlfriend or not. I'm the type of person who worries about everything. My girlfriend always says she loves me and I know she does. But sometimes when she says she loves me, I can't say it back:confused:... but there are other...

Relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend just broke up, he told me for the last two months it's been nothing but arguments and he feels that mybe we should step back and be friends and if it's meant for us to get back together then it will happen. He told me abfter talking for a some time he would call back but didn't,...

Relationship [ 2 Answers ]

Is this website askme the same of askmehelpdesk,and how can I ask a question step by step please?

View more questions Search