Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lylnessa0123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 06:12 PM
    Where do I file for custody of my child ?
    I'm new to Florida and I'm trying to file for full custody of my son. His father is a drug addict and very abusive. Should I have trouble getting full custody.. it shows all this on his record. He is living in baltimore md. Where should I go file for full custody at in Florida. Im living in Sarasota fl
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 06:43 PM

How long have you lived in Florida?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2010, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lylnessa0123 View Post
    im new to florida and im trying to file for full custody of my son. His father is a drug addict and very abusive. Should i have trouble getting full custody..it shows all this on his record. He is living in baltimore md. Where should i go file for full custody at in Florida. Im living in Sarasota fl
    As was already asked, how long have you been a Florida resident? Some states have residency requirements - you have to live there for a certain amount of days before you are considered a resident of that state.

Are you trying to get sole legal and physical custody? In order to start the court proceedings, you would go to your county courthouse and file the appropriate paperwork. If you think that the father is a danger to the child, file for sole custody and explain your reasoning, just as you have done here - explain that he has a criminal history and you do not feel your child would be safe under his care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As a mother of a unborn child can I file for custody of my own? [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first in ever being pregnant. I fear that my baby's father will try to take my unborn child from me once he/she is born. He has said before different times back and forth he would then he wouldn't. I myself need to make sure that never happens I'm not saying I don't want him to see his...

Can somebody file custody for unborn child? [ 2 Answers ]

Can somebody file custody for unborn child??

Do I need to file the child custody for getting my child support? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been lived with my EX for 4 yrs. We have a 6-year-old son. We had broken 3 years ago. But we are still living together, because we bought a house together. And we are taking care of my child together also . Now I want he give me a full child custody, he denied it. And his mother, my child...

How does a man file for custody of his child? [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the issue. A friend of mine had a relationship with a female for a couple months. Now after about 3 or 4 months she's pregnant. She gets mad because he was seeing someone else without her knowing, she keeps the rest of her pregnancy along with the gender of the baby to herself. Has no...

Can I file for custody of my unborn child? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi my name is Robbie. I don't know if I am in the right category but I have a question about custody. I'm I able to file for custody of my unborn child? Reason why I ask is my child is like 3 and a half months old and my ex has no ultra sound done yet and is not taking any vitamins or anything. It...

View more questions Search