Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susieq89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 09:06 PM
    Help.. please? Desperate for advice.
    Well I'm pretty new to this site and I'm not really sure where to start..
    I guess it all started with my junior prom. Last year everyone was obsessing about our junior prom and who they would bring. Somehow I ended up going with this guy that every girl in the school was practically head-over-heals for. Well at first, I admit, I was so unsure about him. I was even weird about letting him kiss me? Anyway.. as time went on he would call me on a constant basis and we started to hang out just about every day. Finally we started going out. It was official. We were a couple and everything felt so perfect, so right. Well we had a great time together and I loved being around him. Then I got this job and started seeing him less. I think it put a lot of strain on our relationship. But then again it was like.. he stopped calling me as much.. and the last couple times we were supposed to see each other it didn't happen cause' he went somewhere else or didn't pick up his phone? Well a little while before we broke up I quit my job, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. This was like.. my first real relationship. We were together for six months and now we've been apart for four. I don't know how this happened.. but it seemed like every time I would begin to move on he'd call me out of the blue "just to talk" though I do admit it was good hearing his voice again on my phone. Recently in school this other girl in my grade has been all over him.. ALL THE TIME and she talks about him in front of me constantly.. it hurts hearing her say his name and seeing her with him but then again my friend told me that the only reason he was with her was because he thinks she's easy and all since she already has a kid with someone else... still it hurts just the same and I don't know what's going to happen with them.. just this past week he told my other friend that he really misses me but it could never work because he can't stand not knowing what's on my mind since I never really open up to people.. admit this is true and I'm very thankful that he was so patient with me for the six months we were together. But then he said something about me having mood swings which I really don't understand at all because I'm always so happy and I loved every moment I ever spent with him.. like I would go home at night and still be smiling hours later all because we had so much fun together that night. I don't know what to do now.. he bought me a present for christmas (this movie we used to watch together... our movie) even though we're broken up.. I'm just confused now about what it is that he wants. My friend told me to talk to him about it and tell him how I feel but I'm kind of afraid and a little unsure of what to say.. could someone please give me their advice on all of this and tell me what to do? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks everyone..
    mjinms Posts: 39, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2006, 01:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by susieq89
    well i'm pretty new to this site and i'm not really sure where to start..
    i guess it all started with my junior prom. last year everyone was obsessing about our junior prom and who they would bring. somehow i ended up going with this guy that every girl in the school was practically head-over-heals for. well at first, i admit, i was so unsure about him. i was even weird about letting him kiss me? anyways.. as time went on he would call me on a constant basis and we started to hang out just about every day. finally we started going out. it was official. we were a couple and everything felt so perfect, so right. well we had a great time together and i loved being around him. then i got this job and started seeing him less. i think it put a lot of strain on our relationship. but then again it was like.. he stopped calling me as much.. and the last couple times we were supposed to see each other it didn't happen cause' he went somewhere else or didn't pick up his phone? well a little while before we broke up i quit my job, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. this was like.. my first real relationship. we were together for six months and now we've been apart for four. i don't know how this happened.. but it seemed like every time i would begin to move on he'd call me out of the blue "just to talk" though i do admit it was good hearing his voice again on my phone. recently in school this other girl in my grade has been all over him.. ALL THE TIME and she talks about him in front of me constantly.. it hurts hearing her say his name and seeing her with him but then again my friend told me that the only reason he was with her was because he thinks she's easy and all since she already has a kid with someone else... still it hurts just the same and i don't know what's going to happen with them.. just this past week he told my other friend that he really misses me but it could never work because he can't stand not knowing what's on my mind since i never really open up to people.. admit this is true and im very thankful that he was so patient with me for the six months we were together. but then he said something about me having mood swings which i really don't understand at all because im always so happy and i loved every moment i ever spent with him.. like i would go home at night and still be smiling hours later all because we had so much fun together that night. i don't know what to do now.. he bought me a present for christmas (this movie we used to watch together... our movie) even though we're broken up.. im just confused now about what it is that he wants. my friend told me to talk to him about it and tell him how i feel but im kind of afraid and a little unsure of what to say.. could someone please give me their advice on all of this and tell me what to do? i'd really appreciate it. thanks everyone..
    itss not what you say but what you do. He took the time to buy you a xmas present and that is enough to understand.. he needed some value on the ttype of relationship you two had. He needed to know where you two were headed. Men are territorial creatures that have property lines. He may have thought you wasn't as interested in him as much as he was about you. He can't read you well and it bugs him. He told your friend that he misses you and he knew you would be told. He did that for a reason. He calls sometimes because he misses you. A girl that hangs all over a guy is desperate but he is getting the message back to you. HE WANTS YOU BACK. When he calls, get together and talk face to face. Tell him u want to spend some time with you long lost friend. HIM
    jrussole Posts: 163, Reputation: 12
    -

Dec 24, 2006, 06:00 AM
    Susie, maybe he needs to hear that you care about him.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Actually I think your friend has the right idea. You can think through in advance the things you want to say, before you actually see him. Think over what important questions you feel you should ask him. Be honest with him and I think he'll be the same with you.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2006, 10:18 PM
    I would suggest the next time you talk to him, ask him if he wants to get together and hang out. Be a good friend and see if things move forward.
    Kae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please Help... desperate [ 9 Answers ]

Hey people... I really need some advice... I have been seeing a guy I work with for just over a month now and he was head over heels for me even though I wasn't too keen to begin with but he won me over... neway... everythin was going great until a week ago when he had some terrbile news about a...

Desperate for an answer [ 2 Answers ]

:( A family member is ill I would like to know if they will make it through this new year. My husband has a heavy heart over his job, do you see any changes there? A friend is in real crisis any ideas of what may happen with that. Thank You. :confused:

Desperate action [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to play basketball but I'm not that good.I practice at home but when it comes to practice I freeze up and I don't do well.I don't know much about Basketball but I go to practice to learn more. Coach always says negative things about my techniques so that I can improve them but I'm all...

View more questions Search