Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dominlp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 01:24 PM
    What is the difference between parts injected in PVC and parts Injected in ABS?
    What is the difference between parts injected in PVC and parts Injected in ABS. I am interested in the structural properties that can give both materials. Is better to use ABS in injected parts that will be used as structural positions or will be used as a part of an assembly.
    DrBob1 Posts: 425, Reputation: 86

Aug 25, 2010, 05:17 PM

I think you will be well advised to discuss your particular requirements with your resin supplier or, perhaps, with your injection molder. They can offer advice to address your specific design and use parameters.
    I think both ABS and PVC are used in similar applications and there must be reasons that one is chosen over the other. Get advice from those who make these choices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating Torque -Plastic Injected Part [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone provide me the formula or assistance in calculating torque(in/lb) required to start initail rotation of a cylindrical steel core in a plastic injected mold for part ejection. The core is a threaded core material S7 or H-13. The molded plastic is PE or PP. The Diameter of part is approx...

Difference between ABS and PVC [ 2 Answers ]

How can differentiate between ABS cards and PVC cards in an easy way? Is using flaming (burning) considered a reliable method?:rolleyes:

View more questions Search