Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skies_the_limit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 01:12 PM
    What personality traits do Black Women have vs. Asian, Iranian or White Women?
    I would like to think of myself as a strong willed and independent African American woman, and have been recently dating a person who is from Iran. Now for the most part things are great but I have a feeling that he doesn't understand the personality traits of Black Women vs.the women he has dated before like Japanese, Asian, Iranian , Spanish or Caucasian Women.
    I wanted if someone could break it down for him. "How do the personality traits of Black American Women differ from Japanese, Asian, Iranian, Spanish or Caucasian Women?" Because I know that us as black females, we are not docile creatures and a have great but strong personality, mind and will. And although, I am always up for a challenge, but the question is, is he up for the challenge?? Because I truly think that he has no idea of what he has gotten himself into.
    So PLEASE, if someone, anyone can answer this question it would be more than greatly appreicated.

Thanks
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 01:49 PM

Strong women are universally fantastic creatures,I myself am irish,strong willed,fiery,feriously independent and I think an acquired taste,not to everybodies liking.

Perhaps its more that your different then he is used too,there may be some culture differences,that can be a good thing,sharing and showing how each of you do things can be a great adventure for a couple.

Mutual respect and understanding are the corner stones of any successful relationship,regardless of culture.

If you have that together,the rest can be worked out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 03:35 PM

My dear the only question that he has to answer is can he handle who you are. If he can, great if NOT?? He is history right?
    NORMALME Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 05:32 AM
    Culturally we are raised completely different. Not stating that as a hard fact but from my experience. Women play different roles in different cultures. As an african american woman you are raised with a great amount of pride for who you are, and that is wonderful. But in a lot of cultures (mine included) women are still raised to be farely submissive. The man is responsible for being the authority figure and we go along with it because it is easier than "MAKING WAVES". Ultimately he will need to accept you for who you are, and you will have to accept him for who he is, or move on and finds someone who deserves someone as strong as you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2010, 05:40 AM
    Normal,
    Why are you yelling at us?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2010, 06:00 AM

Caps lock... Please turn it off.

There is nothing inherently different between any race...

There are differences between how different groups raise their families however. Call it culture at the nationality level... call it peer pressure on the community level.

I've know plenty of women from the pushy types to the meek and submissive types... and they all come in all colors.

Now there is a difference between assertive and arrogant. Confident and arrogant... understand you can be either or both. They don't HAVE to go together.

Confidence and assertiveness aren't as offputting as arrogance is to most men. But as the old saying goes... it takes all types to make the world, and some prefer easy going partners, others like the aggressive ones... and that statement can be universally applied to either gender.
    warrenblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I for one am a black male and my opinion on the matter is that black women don't like being women all that much. This new found freedom as blacks has gotten roles of the genders mixed up.Some Black men wanta be women and then a lot of black women wanta be every thing. IrrRegardless of race a woman is expected to be just that a woman. Strength is not to be equated to women,now u can be supportive,submissive,conservative,lady like,and self reliant,but all this strong and independent stuff is bull **** to simply mean u want to run the relationship instead of flowing together. That rationale hasn't worked with the men in your own race how do u feel it ould work in anothers race,lol. You as a black woman are simply looking for someone you can run and that goes against the natural order of things period point blank,I don't care what race u try to run to. Black women make OK sexual creatures but anything that requires growth in a relationship they are off the mark big tyme, I mean they "black women" do make up the most single and unwed women compared to all the other races so what does that say period,or is that just some mans fault that u have no values?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2010, 05:43 PM

I for one can only say what a line of bull, first I doubt you are a black women but someone who wants to discuss black women.

I will top that with there is nothing different, there are weak and there are strong, there are followers and there are leaders.

Culture at times makes some go against their personal feelings.

And to end, the first question/ post is about the most bigoted comment I have read in days
    kaka67 Posts: 261, Reputation: 200

Nov 5, 2010, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenblue View Post
    I for one am a black male and my opinion on the matter is that black women don't like being women all that much. This new found freedom as blacks has gotten roles of the genders mixed up.Some Black men wanta be women and then a lot of black women wanta be every thing. IrrRegardless of race a woman is expected to be just that a woman. Strenght is not to be equated to women,now u can be supportive,submissive,conservative,lady like,and self reliant,but all this strong and independant stuff is bull **** to simply mean u want to run the relationship instead of flowing together. That rationale hasn't worked with the men in your own race how do u feel it ould work in anothers race,lol. You as a black woman are simply looking for someone you can run and that goes against the natural order of things period point blank,I don't care what race u try to run to. Black women make ok sexual creatures but anything that requires growth in a relationship they are off the mark big tyme, I mean they "black women" do make up the most single and unwed women compared to all the other races so what does that say period,or is that just some mans fault that u have no values?
    Did you actually use brain cells to think that crap up?

If you did I'd stop smoking the pot.

IMO

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do White men like dark skin black women? [ 40 Answers ]

I ask this question because I live in New York and I see a lot of black women with white men recently. I think it is great because you would only see black men with white women. It seems as though some white men like dark skin women more than black men. But hey the interracial relationships is a...

Scary movie with an asian women torturing a guy? [ 4 Answers ]

Like she's waiting for him to call, has this bag with another dude in it, and she like sticks nnedles in the poor guy.

3d black and white asian painting [ 1 Answers ]

I recently came across a 3dimensional, black and white painting w/variations of gray. The painting appears to be painted on silk. It is a scene of an asian man standing in a boat, paddling down a river w/various trees and huts, with majestic dark clouds hovering over the landscape. I would like...

View more questions Search