Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glenn1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Water in wc tank not filling to recommended line
    I have a flush toilet which is not sucking down waste as it should. After looking at the filling tank I've noticed that the wayter don't fill up to recommened water line. It stops roughly 2 1/2 under it. Ive held down the float arm to let water rise and then flushed and it seemed to be a lot better but still not perfect. How could I ge the water to fill to this recommended line on every flush? Your answers will be appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 25, 2010, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    How could i ge the water to fill to this recommended line on every flush?
    I set the tank level by adjusting the height of the float ball.
    There are two ways to do this, 1) by adjusting the screw on top of the ballcock, **or** 2) (My personal favorite) Grasp the rod just ahead of the float ball, (do not grab the ball itself) with one hand and next to the ballcock with the other.
    Bend the rod up to increase the tank level and down to decrease the level. The tank level should be set at 1/2 inch under the top of the white overflow tube. Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water tank not filling [ 11 Answers ]

I recently reinstalled a water tank and pressure switch and the tank doesn't seem to be filling and I have hardly any water pressure. I only get good pressure when the pump kicks in. I also installed a check valve to see if that would do anything.

New Hot Water Heater Wire Panel Filling With Water From Tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently installed a new electric hot water heater. I have connected all the wires properly, I have connected the piping in the correct manner, and filled the tank. I was about to flip my breaker to turn the water heater on, and noticed a little moister around the panel that the wires come...

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

Recommended water pump/tank size [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I own a 2 story 4 bedroom 3 bathroom home with 2 adults and 5 children (4 girls). We have a private shallow well and we are having water pressure problems. I have researched as much as I could to ensure intelligent questions here. I have a GE 1/2 hp jet style pump and Champion water...

Water tank not filling up [ 3 Answers ]

Today, we changed our kitchen sink. We drained the system, connected new taps,sink. Put water back on - first time ever no leaks. So off for a bath! We have no hot water.Having connected the cold valve on the washing machine to the valve on the hot water tap etc. we had a small amount of hot water...

View more questions Search