Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esrun12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 12:51 PM
    I file bankruptcy in 2000,is it gone now?
    I filed bankruptcy in 2000,and it was finalized by the judge-so is the record gone in my credit report or does it stays there.
    bendingleconte Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Aug 26, 2010, 09:22 AM

Chapt.7-11-12 will remain for ten years. A chapter 13 will remain for seven years if successfully completed, for 10 years if dismissed. Keep in mind this is 7-10 years from the date of discharge, not necessarily the date of filing.

Order a copy of your credit reports at annualcreditreport.com

This is the legit free ones that they, by law, must give you each year.
    Iknowalotofstuff Posts: 144, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 02:01 PM

A bankruptcy in Canada is on a credit file for 6 years from date of discharge - 14 years for a second bankruptcy - permanently for a third or more bankrupcies. A consumer proposal is on the file for 3 years from its successful solution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Bridgeport Bankruptcy a legit company to file Bankruptcy with [ 7 Answers ]

Is Bridgeport Bankrupty online service a good company to file Bankruptcy. Are there any major reported complaints, like not filing Bankruptcy properly or at all.

How do I file for Bankruptcy In Ca. [ 2 Answers ]

I have about 60,000 in credit card dept. My wife lost her job can't make the min. payments anymore. Can they take my quad, motorcycle, her car my truck... They are all paid off. I have the titles on all of them, should I put them in someone else's name? Do I get an Attorney ? Help?

What happens when I file bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

What happens when I file bankruptcy

How to file bankruptcy? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all. I need some help on filing bankruptcy in the state of Oklahoma. I am currently divorced and most of my bad debts are with him jointly. How would I go about filing on those on behalf of me and not him? This does include a house and a car? It does not say in the divorce papers who...

Opening file in MSWord 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me? I am in desperate need of help. I'm trying to open a MS Word document a friend sent me. However, when I click on it I get this message: The document name or path is not valid. Try these suggestions. *Check the file permissions for the document or drive. *Use the File Open...

View more questions Search