Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slogdog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 11:33 AM
    Travel for ex-felons
    Can ex felons travel overseas convicted of sex crime over 10 years ago?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 12:28 PM

Depends on what country you are travelling to.

Aug 25, 2010, 12:50 PM
    I was thinking of Canada Mexico Argentina or Europe
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 12:54 PM

Hello s:

Canada - OUT. Mexico - IN. Argentina - I don't know. Europe - probably.

By the way, you're an exconvict. You're NOT an ex felon you'll be a felon forever.

excon

Aug 25, 2010, 01:46 PM

Any idea where I can find out about Europe or Argentina ratz no Canada dang
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 25, 2010, 01:52 PM

You may travel to Canada; However, you would have to submit an application for rehabilitation. If approved, you would be eligible for entry into Canada.

Many factors will dicatate whether the application would be approved. Also, it is important to note that 10 years must have elapsed since the completion of the sentence imposed. Meaning that if you were incarcerated and released with conditions, the clock would start counting from when those conditions were satisfied and not when you left prison (if you were sentenced in that manner).

Aug 25, 2010, 02:07 PM

OK thank you for the clarification on Canada how do I find out about Europe?

Aug 25, 2010, 03:28 PM

Agreed ex. Very difficult to overcome-not impossible. Especially if the applicant is a stand up gentleman such as yourself.

In response to the op's query, you'll have to speak with someone knowledgeable in European immigration, country specific of course. Alas, my unbelievable knowledge of immigration lies only with north America.

Aug 25, 2010, 03:32 PM

Ok someone just asked me what about going to Australia or New Zealand any ideas out there on their policy towards ex-cons?

Aug 25, 2010, 04:12 PM

I'd suggest a Google search to at least gain a general overview of what the requirements may be. I would not, however, substitute said search for proper legal advice. Rules and regulations may differ from country to country (albeit not too dramatically) however, one thing remains constent: you do not want to file applications when you are not properly advised. Immigration records everything and death will come sooner than their database will crash.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Travel for Ex-Felons [ 15 Answers ]

What countries can ex-felons travel to without a problem? I have no drug charges.

Felons who travel [ 1 Answers ]

Can convicted felons travel out of country

Travel Restrictions for Felons [ 1 Answers ]

I am off Federal probation in a couple of months for a white collar crime (conspiracy to defraud IRS). I served my halfway house time and all restitution and fines have been paid. I now live in Florida. I would like to travel on a cruise or fly to Canada or Europe with my wife. I still have my...

Convicted Felons and travel [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon travel to the Caribbean? If so, is a passport required or will a certified birth certificate do?

View more questions Search