Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fosilfuel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2010, 08:46 AM
    I am on deed but not note? How do I stop foreclosure
    The bank refuses to discuss or give information about note. Are continuing to forclose, and I am attempting to stop it although, I am on the deed but not the note. How do I stop foreclosure?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fosilfuel View Post
    I am on the deed but not the note. How do I stop forclosure?
    Hello f:

Make the back payments.

excon
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 08:53 AM

First - please tell us how the property is titled. Are you joint tenants with rights of survivorship (the most common, especially for married couple), or tenants in common? And second, how did a mortgage come to be written on the property without you having signed on to it? Does the mortgage pre-date your name being added to the deed?
    mls1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2010, 07:36 AM
    I am in this exact situation: My father left my sisters and I a house when he passed away. We each have equal thirds ownership in the property. Neither of us was named the executor of the estate, who is the only person the mortgage company wants to talk to. I didn't think we needed her anymore, since the probate has been complete since 2008. I'm also worried that the people who are trying to help us are a scam, so I really want to get some clear information on what to do.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 07:42 AM

Hello m:

Start with explaining EVERYTHING, including WHO these people are, what they're supposed to do, and how much have you paid them??

The note should have come due upon your fathers demise. I don't know why it wasn't. Maybe YOU can tell us.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mls1979 View Post
    I am in this exact situation: My father left my sisters and I a house when he passed away. We each have equal thirds ownership in the property. Neither of us was named the executor of the estate, who is the only person the mortgage company wants to talk to. I didn't think we needed her anymore, since the probate has been complete since 2008. I'm also worried that the people who are trying to help us are a scam, so I really wanna get some clear information on what to do.

I don't understand how the estate was closed ("probate has been complete since 2008") with this loose end.

It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the Executor (or successor) to make sure all details are handled legally and properly.

So tell that to the mortgage company - if the Executor doesn't want to discuss the matter go back to probate court and tell them that and let the Court intervene.

But as Excon said, without more details it's hard to understand what you want to know.
    jghorn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 04:51 PM
    How do they foreclosure on a home that you are on the deed, but on the loan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quitclaim deed and mortgage on property going into foreclosure [ 1 Answers ]

We have family land that is held as a corporation. Each family member is entitled to a lot to build a house and the lot is transferd by quitclaim deed. If someone gets a mortgage and then the property is foreclosed on, is the corporation in anyway responsible for the mortgage of a family member?

Contract for deed foreclosure in Florida [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a buyer an Owner financed mortgage, Contract for Deed, in Florida. I took no down payment, & I gave him 8 months no payments. Their first payment was due October 18th, 2009. They have yet to make even 1 payment & the taxes remain unpaid for which they're responsible. I've sent them the two...

Warranty deed in lieu of foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

Warranty deed in lieu of foreclosure I received a documents in the mail for a short sale on a timeshare in Florida. I was told by the representative that I will be clear of all financial responsibilities and this will not be reported to the credit bureau. Can someone explain what the warranty in...

Name on the deed not on the note, will it affect my credit [ 2 Answers ]

I bought an expensive parcel of land with 2 partners. The property is on short sale right now, only 1 partner's name is on the mortgage/note, the other 2 are just on the deed via quit claim. However, all 3 of us got served by the court. Are we responsible for the mortgage/note, though our names are...

Bank foreclosure wife on mortg we are both on deed [ 2 Answers ]

My wife took out a mortgage on our condo home.I have made many payments now I havs stopped. She is 4 months behind.Can the bank forclose on a mass. Condo home w Hen they made the mistake of just having my wife sign the note snd mortgage ?

View more questions Search