Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryn_landys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Worried about sewer gas
    We are in the process of renovating our upstairs bathroom and have had to remove the toilet in order to rip out the dry-wall and subfloor. I have plugged the toilet hole with a rag and covered that with duct-tape but am still concerned that the gas can still come through. Just wondering if my plugging it with rags and duct tape is sufficient or if there is something better one can do to eliminate my worry. Thanks Brynn
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 23, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Plugging it with rags and then taping the pipe should be OK if you don't smell sewer gas around the opening. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Gas Smell [ 4 Answers ]

We have been having a problem with a bad smell that we think is sewer gas coming up through the shower drain when we flush the toilet in our back bathroom. We're not having the problem anywhere else in the house and at first we only noticed the smell, like I said, when we flushed that toilet. The...

Another sewer gas problem [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, I am looking for help with sewer gas in my basement. My house is approximately 55 years old. I have a ranch house with two full baths (stacked). The gas appears to be coming from the stack pipe (cast iron) which is just outside the basement bathroom. I have checked the basement bathroom...

Sewer Gas Smell [ 3 Answers ]

3 months ago, we tiled 1 of 2 of our bathrooms, which included removing the toilet and replacing it after the tile was laid. Before we removed the toilet to do the tile, each time we flushed the toilet, it would produce a gurgle sound and sometimes the sound would come out through the sink! This...

Sewer Gas Smell [ 1 Answers ]

We have recently purchased a home that was built in 1979. Right away we noticed a horrible sewer gas smell outside of our home. Upon further investigation, we determined that the smell is coming from the sewer vent pipes on the roof of the house (There are two of them). We do not get the smell...

Worried about sewer gases [ 5 Answers ]

I have a small cottage (750 sq ft) and a septic (not sand mound). A plumber just installed all new plumbing. He added a sewer vent through the foundation to the outside of my house (where the toilet is)- it is 2 FEET tall. He said that vent will let air in to flush and a u shape pipe in the...

View more questions Search