Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imsoooconfused Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 03:06 PM
    How do you tell if a guy is gay, if I'm gay?
    Okay, this school year I am a junior. I've known I was gay for a while, but I've never really expressed it or what not. No one knows, and if I were to tell anyone they'd be quite shocked... I'm pretty good at hiding it, also I'm not feminine. I like doing guy stuff (minus sports), I talk like a guy, dress like a guy, and I'd do it even if I did come out, because (no offense), but I don't really like the stereotypical gay guys... if a guy wanted to date someone feminine, they'd date a girl.

Okay to my question... there's this guy... I don't know if he's gay or if he's bicurious or bi or straight or what lol. Recently it's seemed that a lot of guys have been looking at me and what not. Like yesterday, I caught 2 guys staring at me while I was walking down the hall (like in an interest kind of gaze). Last year there was this senior who would always like speed to my class (his next period class) before I left. (all of these guys are pretty hot by the way.) And I remember for a HOSA competition practice, we were doing emergency examinations (which he said we should do) and I was his partner (and he chose me). I was palpating (feeling for any irregularities) his abdomen and then he took off his shirt and when I looked at him for a second like "WTH are you doing?!" He was like, "Keep going, it's better to palpate the abdomen bare." The entire time I knew he was like flexing his pack and gazing at me, and to make it worst, he had a clearly visible erection. Afterwards he was talking to me as we were walking out and asking if I wanted a ride, and that I could come to his house, and sort of scared, I stupidly denied him. And he's in college now. :(

This year, there's this guy in like 3 of my classes. Yesterday was our first day, and sat to the right of me for our first class together. (We have tables that come together to make 4 seats so he was to the right of me at the next table). So, during that class, I was like looking at him when he talked, and it was sort of hard to not give the "erotic gaze" because I thought he was kind of hot. The next period he sat next to me at the same table. He also refused to give it up when a guy tried to sit there. That whole day he was quite and kind of just listening to me and a friends conversation. Today he was talking to me, and he's pretty smart like me. He's also pretty interested and good in psychology like me (which is why I think he knows I like him... he's a little hard for me to read though... I shouldn't be hard to read though lol) So I was going to my next class, and I saw him in the hallway. I was standing out the class talking and then he came not even 2 feet away from me and started sort of making out with a girl. I was like "What the hell?!" And then when we went into the next class, he was sort of talking to me, but I was kind of pissed, so I wasn't really talking that much. Then it seemed as if he was trying to impress me. And now I really don't know... I'm sort of hoping he's at least bi curious, but I truly don't know... Should I move on, and how can I see if he is. It's only been 2 days since school started so I still have time to see what happens, I guess I can't really make an inference after only seeing him this little. Should I make a move? Or what should I do? Do you think he's interested?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 04:16 PM

All do respect, but you sound a bit like a smitten school girl. You have to talk, and listen to get to know someone, and find out what they like, and dislike, and get over the fear of rejections, and what ifs.

You seem to be in the closet, and aren't ready to come out, and that's okay, but the only way to see where he is at, is to talk to him.
    Ash123 Posts: 1,793, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 05:39 PM

Not sure any answer other than to spend more time together and see if he:

a) comments on girls
    b) comments on guys
    c) smiles or looks down when you talk
    d) touches you when you talk
    e) wants a girlfriend

a/e forget it
    b/c/d maybe so

Keep in mind that it's estimated that 5-8% (some say 3-8%) of the population is estimated to be gay. So, in a large high school of 1,000 with 500 guys that's 25 guys, so numbers not on your side, especially if in a smaller school... But when you get out in the bigger world, you will be in a larger population and have more opportunities. No rush. See what happens, but pace yourself.
    johnlocke Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 11:57 PM

Yeah, I would be nervous if I were you. I think you're closet gay-ness is making you unaware that most guys in high school are NOT gay. You may be mis-interpreting these other guys around you, or not. Be careful
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 07:27 AM

So why not contact the guy who went to college. Isn't his family still around your area. Maybe he comes back for school breaks!! Don't make any quick moves, if your wrong and make a move, the results may force you out of closet before your ready.---good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy falling in love with straight guy [ 11 Answers ]

So I've been working with this guy for about year and half. He's has with two kids with his live-in girlfriend. I'm a single gay. Everyday at work, we flirt a lot, he tells me that he loves me, he tells me that I'm cute, he's even asked me if I wanted to see his penis. What does this mean? Is...

Do you know any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? [ 8 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is any straight guy falling in love with a gay guy? If so, how was it possible? Can a straight guy do so?

Gay guy [ 9 Answers ]

How can you tell if a staight guy is gay?

Gay/Bi/Bicurious guy attracted to a Straight Guy [ 8 Answers ]

I'm not the best at this, but I'll give it a good shot! I'm a guy (may explain why I'm not good at this!), 19 years old and live in New Zealand. August 2008 - Offered a brilliant job, was so surprised I'm one of the youngest in the country to ever have the position!! Obviously said yes,...

Do I start with my gay friend or my gay friends crush? [ 4 Answers ]

How it happened: Me an my gay best friend Bill(names have been changed) are in the same class as his crush, Dave a feminine guy that everyone likes. He's funny an the perfect guy bill has been waiting for(he tells me but I've heard it before:rolleyes: ) and when bill gets giddy I get giddy. ...

View more questions Search