Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hangjilao Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 12:54 PM
    Need help with Calculation of torque required
    Hi to all members,

I having problem finding the torque required for the motor to rotate the lever beam clockwise... hoping someone can guide me solve the problem...

This is the image I attach... http://img838.imageshack.us/i/31088063.jpg

Thanks

Aug 24, 2010, 01:03 PM

By the way the image file is ( Imageshack - 31088063.jpg) and the angle between the gas spring and the load beam is 32 degree..

Aug 24, 2010, 01:33 PM

I am already fourd the Force at the hinge.. but no idea to the find the force where the gas spring connected to the lever beam of the motor..
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 01:50 PM

Your drawng is not very clear. What is going on at the right end of the load beam - is there some sort of external support there? Is the gas spring supposed to extend as the mechanism turns clockwise, keeping the load beam horizontal? If not - if the mechansim simply stays in its current configuration as the motor rotates, the torque is simply the external force of 900N times the moment arm between the line of action of the force and the center of the motor. And to determine that you need to know the angle of the arm attached to the motor.

Aug 24, 2010, 09:23 PM

There is no external support at the right end... the gas spring will be extend as the system turn clockwise... More cleary this is the design for a standing wheelchair and the gas spring is going to lift the user.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 25, 2010, 05:49 AM

OK, so the gas spring has its own power supply. As drawn, the torque needed from the motor is simply the 900N times the moment arm, which as I pointed out can not be determind from your figure. See the following mark up of your drawing to see what I mean.
    Attached Images

Aug 25, 2010, 09:33 AM

Thank u very much... :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Torque required to turn a wheel [ 14 Answers ]

Am building an unmanned ground vehicle.its a 4 wheel bot.I want to use one motor for each wheel an need help in calculating the torque required by each motor so the bot can move at a max speed of 5mph.the total weight of bot is 60kg.no gears are used and the motors directly connected to wheels.the...

Software for torque calculation in wheel [ 0 Answers ]

What are the requirement of torque for rotor

To move a object of 8 KG how much torque and speed is required [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know that how much torque and speed motor should I require to over throw the 8 kg object Actually this motor would be mount vertically and perpendicular to the axis of the of my robot or car, and the opponent is of 8 kg and from shaft of my mounted motor , there would be z shaped rod...

Calculation of Torque, [ 22 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to calculate the torque of a system, I have described the system below, Consider the conveyor belt, the motor rotates the conveyor belt (25 Meters), I want to do a reverse engineering, Let say the I don't use the motor to run the conveyor, instead I have a handle (1 meter)...

View more questions Search