Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoff179 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Dimmer switch is rinning
    I have installed two dimmer switches on two different lights and both are single pole. Now I have a high frequency ring tone when the switch is set on a low setting. The switches can be used for single or three way. Any suggestions other turn up the stereo?
    hoff179
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Unfortunately, dimmers are made of electronic components, and can vibrate at the high frequency that is being created. There is not much you can do other than replace the dimmer with a new one. Try to find a better grade dimmer or brand.

If this doesn't work, then some AC-DC Highway to Hell, or Lynard Skynards Free Bird will drown out the noise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dimmer switch hot [ 4 Answers ]

We recently changed over fluorescent lighting to track lighting with a dimmer switch. Recently I noticed that there was a bit of a blue spark when we turned the switch off and the switch itself was warm. What would the problem here be?:confused:

Dimmer switch for a fan and light [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a dual dimmer switch for a light and fan on the same switch. I can adjust the fan speed only from one side but every time I adjust the light switch, the fan also adjusts according to how I adjust the light. I have a black(hot) wire, a red wire and a bare copper cable coming from...

Dual Dimmer Switch for light and fan [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble also installing a dual dimmer switch for my light and fan. I can only get it to work both at the same time. I have a three wire (plus ground) black, white and red going from the switch box to the fan/light. And I have three wires coming from the fan/light unit and three wires...

Dimmer Switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a set of four standard toggle switches next to each other all controlling different lights within the house. I want to replace one of those toggle switchs with a dimmer for one of the lights. I just wanted to maker sure that putting a dimmer switch in between the other toggle switches...

Fan and dimmer switch problem [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a bathroom extractor fan which works from a dimmer switch also wired to a light? When the light is on dim, the fan does not come on, but when it is up full, the fan switches in. This is great at night when you visit the loo and don't want to wake your partner with a bright light...

View more questions Search