Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arunee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 08:32 AM
    I have a lead bend that is flush with the floor. A remove a little of the concrete ar
    Around the perimeter of the bend to set the flange into. It give me just a little space to bend over the flange, not much. Do I need to solder it to make it air tight. How do I solder the bend onto the flange without affecting the lead bend which is embedded several inches of concrete.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 04:41 PM

Hi Arunee...

No need to solder here... just peen the edge over and you should be all set.

What material is the flange made of? Let me know...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Our concrete floor has a hump in the middle what would be the best way to remove it [ 7 Answers ]

Our hall floor is concrete and has a hump in the middle of it which we need to remove. What would be the best way to do this?

Lead bend [ 4 Answers ]

I'm almost 100% sure my toilet is leaking. Because, directly underneath it is our kitchen and where the toilet sits, on the kitchen ceiling I'm seeing moisture starting to form on the ceiling. So to make a long story short, took off the whole toilet, and I'm down to the 4' lead bend sticking up...

Do I need to worry about a Lead Bend? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a slow running shower drain in my condo and my plumber wants to open the ceiling of the condo below me to replace the pipe. I've heard that there are lead bends and things in the pipes that make it dangerous to use a snake because they could damage the plumbing. Do I need to worry about...

How to remove ceramic tile removed from concrete floor [ 3 Answers ]

There is a 3'x4' area of ceramic tile at the base of my stairwell between living and dining areas. Laminate flooring will be laid. Is it necessary to remove the small area of tile? Or, can laminate flooring be laid over it? If it needs to be removed what is the simplest way? :(

Lead bend [ 7 Answers ]

My master bath had a leak at the toilet so I pulled the toilet up and found that the closet flange and the lead bend where no good. The lead pipe is so bent and you can allmost put your finger threw it the lead bend goes into a cast pipe and I would like to replace the bend if anyone has a clue on...

View more questions Search