Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alwin2k Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2003, 03:39 PM
    I mean 1 peter chap 2 verse 9
    Hi could you please help with 1 peter chap 2 verse 9. The topic I'm suppose to do for my church is saved to server I need info on that. I don't know what that mean. Thanks
    cherepes Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2003, 11:36 PM
    Greetings alwin2k;

Depending on the denomination, many might interpret it differently. The basis of this and the surrounding verses though, is in our salvation though Christ Jesus, we are called to serve, as the Master was to serve and demonstrated this in the washing of the feet of the Apostles. In our calling as folowers of Christ Jesus we are called to serve others by spreading the Good News and furthering the mission of Christ Jesus as healers and teachers. Remember the greatest is the least and the least is the greatest. We are to humble ourselves in the servitude of Christ and by serving Christ we serve all.

Peace,
    RC-CIC
    Cherepes
    tototu Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2003, 12:31 PM
    This passage denotes the church and it's particular place in God's Kingdom. We assume our role now, but will fully realize it in the coming millennial reign at which time the planet will be under a theocracy until the final rebellion. Fallen man will survive Armageddon, but now be living under the King of Kings. Mankind will still need direction and mediation and, like in the time of the Mosaiac exodus, there will be a system of administrators to teach and serve. In that , the leaders (church) will perform as trusted servants ministering the Kingdom to the people. We will be direct conduits for the Wisdom and Love of Christ and will garner no glory to our own. In administering the perfect will of God. It is there we will find our reward and glory. In this time we will minister to a people who are privelidged to walk in light and testify to the tender and awesome Love that delivered us from the darkness in which we were trapped. Makes you want to shout Halleleuiah! ;D ;D ;D
    Pastor_Dave Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

May 3, 2003, 01:51 PM
    This is a blessed issue. Jesus was sent to be our substitute and pay the debt we could not pay. We are called into the realm of Gods kingdom to be born again of Gods spirit to be this lost worlds substitute for Jesus. Jesus is made our Lord and master and are to live the life He has given us. We are to serve Him by preaching, teaching and living according to Gods wword so we can bring people to to the knowledge of knowing Jesus and knowing we must be born again through His blood shed salvation. We are called to be the servents of God for His will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1peter 2 verse 9 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi could you please help with 1 peter verse 9. The topic I'm suppose to do for my church is saved to server I need info on that. I don't know what that mean. Could you write me scriputers or a page writing. Thanks :D

Too soon for Chap. 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rather complicated situation. I am 62, and my wife is 63. Due to my wife's medical problems (and bills), she and I had to file chapter 7 and it was granted in 2001. 17 mn.s ago my health failed and I had to go on disability from my job as a minister. My denominations disability Ins....

Remember Peter Weller from Robocop? [ 1 Answers ]

I thought the acting pitiful and the movie stupid in general... but... I'm watching Rome: Engineering an Empire on the History Channel right now, and guess who I see? Peter Weller giving some excellent commentary on the wonders of Roman engineering. He is noted Peter Weller, Syracuse...

Bankruptcy chap 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I am dept in debt and unemployed and unable to pay about 20.000 dollars in credit card and loans. What is my best option to get rid of these debts and be able to answer my phone? I am 62 years old and am not worried about bad credit in the future. Help

View more questions Search