Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Benwb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 06:13 AM
    Should I send a apology letter to my Ex Gf?
    Hi All.

Thank you for your time.

Long story short, About 8 months ago I broke up with my girlfriend. 1 week into our break up I realised that I wanted her back. I then asked if we could work "us" out but she denied and told me that she does not want to see me ever again. After 2 months of txting back and forward we slowly lost contact and we have not spoken or seen each other for about 6months.

I have happily moved on and I am enjoying life. As time has gone past I have realised that I was acting like a jerk at the time and I treated her badly.

I never said sorry for the way I treated her and my heart wants to say sorry. She was a great woman and I want to let her know that I was sorry for the way I acted when we were together. Nothing more or less.. The letter will be a sorry letter.. nothing more or less. This is not to get her back.

Should I send a apology letter to her?

Thank you for reading and I hope to read all the replies.

Thank you in advance

Ben
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Aug 24, 2010, 06:23 AM

I think you're on a fishing expedition. You're actually hoping the letter will open a dialog and bring about a reconnection. Lets be honest here, if you really wanted to apologize you would have done it in the first two months.

If she really doesn't want to see you, I'd suggest you just leave her along and get on with your life as she has done with hers.
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 06:27 AM

I believe what you are saying for some reason. I think you do just want to apologize and not try to open things up. If that is all you do, go for it.

Now, I will say that if she is done moved on and happy, then leave her alone and let it be. A letter probably isn't a good idea after all.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Aug 24, 2010, 06:32 AM

I'd suggest writing a letter to yourself outlining the real reasons you are writing her a letter. Heck, mail it to yourself. By the time you receive it I'd imagine you'd laugh at such a silly idea.

Like my friend mentioned above, this is a fishing trip. There are so many justifications in your post listing them would take too long. Besides, the folks that frequent this forum will not be duped, it is all quite clear. Even if you don't see it or think I'm being rude, just don't do it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 06:34 AM

Nope that's selfish as you should have apologized when you had the chance. If you have happily moved on, why are you guilty now? Naw let sleeping dogs lie, as you probably have done enough damage and no need to add more to it to relieve your own guilt.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 06:34 AM

I understand that you feel bad,but making contact,even without needing a reply will open old wounds for her.

She is probably well on her way to recovery and has moved on with her life.

Its good enough that you feel sorry for your actions and that your not going to repeat them with someone else.

If you really want to do something to make your heart feel better,do something nice for someone else.

Altrusium is good for the soul.
    beachloverjohn Posts: 491, Reputation: 242

Aug 24, 2010, 06:43 AM

If you are not interested in getting back together, then there really is no point in apologizing. All you are doing is causing her more pain. She probably has moved on anyway, so your letter will mean nothing. On the other hand, if you want her back,{which I think is the case}, then send her an email, but do not apologize, just tell her you would like to meet with her and if she agrees, then when you see her, you not only apolgize but you tell her how much you missed her and you know now that you can't live with out her and beg her to come back and then you cry like a baby. Only kidding, of course, but if you want her back, you simply ask to see her and you don't bring up any of the bad things in the past. Otherwise, just let it be.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 07:24 AM

I agree with Red here. She has moved on. What would she think? She would either think " Oh that's so sweet, I'm glad that he's grown into manhood. He's going to make some lucky lady very happy one day."

Or

" Yea right, he just wants some booty. That @#$%$^&*&% can KMA."

It's good that you realize that you were an a$$hole. Stop being an a$$hole, and move on. Learn from the past, and proceed forward. You can't change it.

The windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror.

Donate to her favorite charity. And never tell a soul.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write an apology letter to my wife [ 7 Answers ]

How to write an apology letter to my wife who live in another country with my three kids for abandonment due to my deportation back to my own country?

Customer service sample letter related to apology [ 3 Answers ]

I require customer service sample letter related to apology.

Should I send her this letter? [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been together for about 9 months. We recently finally told each other that we love one another. Sometimes she's hard to read though (the following letter should explain it). It's hard for me, as I love her so. I thought I'd send her this letter. What do you think of it?...

View more questions Search