Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louloub05 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2010, 04:25 AM
    Hi I'm a 18 year old femal I'm 5,2 and 6 and a half stone. I don't eat the right food as
    Hey, my user name was louloub09 but I had to join again as lost my password,

Hey, I'm a 18 year old female I'm 5,2 and 6 and a half stone, I don't eat the right food as I have a fear in trying new thing.

Well let start by saying I don't like any fruit or veg at all, I don't like anything with milk in no cheese no yougart. All I eat is junk food I been getting told ill get brittle bone and started to worry and thought I better change what I eat. I do want to try new food I look it and think that looks nice but when I go to try it I urge and pysically can't put it in my mouth.. please help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 05:35 AM

You need professional counseling, that can help you get past the mental block you have from your long established bad eating habits.

This can be difficult if not impossible to do on your own.

I assume you are in the UK based on how you gave your weight vs Kilos or Pounds.

If you can look for support groups in your local area they can provide the support you need wich will be easier than going it alone.

Aug 24, 2010, 05:42 AM

Thank you for repling, do you think I would already have brittle bones, I have broke a few bones in the pass and I briuse really easy. I just worried that I will or already got it. Thanks
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 05:58 AM

Best way of knowing that is from your doctor, he could run tests. We can't make that guess on line, but if your diet is poor enough that IS a possibility.

How easy your bones break can be a symptom. If you broke them doing sports or say, falling down stairs is NOT the same as breaking them doing light activity.

Osteoporosis can effect people usually women at a surprising young age in a few cases.

Without a diagnosis from your doctor who has run tests... all anyone is doing is guessing.

Aug 24, 2010, 06:02 AM

Well the thing is I wouldn't know how to explain to the doctor what is going on. I would get all muddled and nervous. And I wouldn't make sense as I be scared.
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by louloub05 View Post
    well the thing is i wouldnt know how to explain to the doctor what is going on. i would get all muddled and nervous. and i wouldnt make sence as i be scared.
    Try this. When you are calm... write everything down, like you are writing him a letter and give all the details. Don't write War and Peace, but a few paragraphs should be enough, do this long before your appointment.

Do you think public speakers memorize everything? No they have teleprompters with prewritten speaches, they have notes. What they don't do is talk off the top of their heads... meaning they don't make it up as they go.

When you visit the doctor you can then give him that letter, and say you didn't want to forget anything that's why you wrote it. He can read it and discuss whatever needs discussing at that time.

That way getting nervous or forgetting things at the moment won't be a problem.

I'm going to be honest... breaking bad habits won't be easy (trust me, we ALL have our bad habits). But it will be worth it.

Aug 24, 2010, 06:25 AM

Do you think they would refer me to see someone for help .
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 07:10 AM

If your were in the USA they would most certainly. What they would do in the UK I can't say.
    hdgirly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Smoothy! You are an amazing caring wonderful person!! Your advice is spot on! Louloub05 please for your health I truly hope you have taken Smoothy's advice and been seen by a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to lose half my weight (11 stone) [ 71 Answers ]

I am female, 16 years old and weigh 22 stone. It is a ridiculous amount of weight to gain and I know that to lose 11 stone will take years but I am willing to try. I would like to know some tips on how to keep your mind off snacking on sandwiches and carb foods and also fizzy/soft drinks like coke...

My bulldog will not eat his food but will eat if its tablefood ! Why? [ 4 Answers ]

He won't even eat if we add tablescraps he picks them out he wouldn't eat when we tried peanut butter because he couldn't get it off the dog food !

My 2 year old shepard chow mix won't eat his dog food what can I do? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog won't eat his dog food we tried everything the rice in his food the gravy in his food grease from meat he won't eat what can we do ?

View more questions Search