Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2010, 11:38 PM
    Freehostingcloud.com
    Does anyone here know much about http://www.freehostingcloud.com?

I am trying to install drupal on it, and am having some difficulties.

Thank You
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 07:34 PM

If you don't mind a quick hijack (sorry), have you used this site long? If so, have you had any trouble with them? (I don't mean the kind you're referring to here - I wouldn't likely be doing anything like that.)
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2010, 09:42 PM

Actually, I just started using them a few days ago. I have since emailed their tech support without response. I was really impressed with their features. The amount of control you have over the entire site is amazing. You can actually ssh into their CentOS servers and run yum commands.

Anyway, while I was exploring, I was locked out, at the time I was messing with my user name and password, so I didn't think anything of it. But then the next day, I was still unable to access it. I couldn't even get a ping off them. Even now I have no way to access the site. So did a little sniffing around and found, that most people are impressed with their features, but give them a bad rating due to the amount down time their site has.

If I can get back in I will be happy, and if this turns out to be a one time thing, I won't complain. But I cannot access any part of their site, from any of my computers.

I will say that they are great other than down time.

Don't mind the hijack.
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2010, 03:36 PM

Hmm... don't like the idea of a lot of down town. My ISP dumped the web hosting and now I'm hunting for something free. The only place I ever really knew of was geocities which is now gone.

But, I should let someone get back to the question you had. :-)
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 03:42 PM

I have also started working with zoka.cc. Not a bad place, lots of options, but only 250 GB per month transfer. I don't mind that (Its more than I think I could use) but they host their databases on a separate server. This means if you are running database intensive programs (I am, I am using drupal) then each database access will use up some bandwidth. Granted, if no one is using the site, you don't incur any additional bandwidth.

They are working great right now. They come with a few prepackaged scripts and sites, making building simple. Their ftp access is great, I don't even time out over night.

Anyway... if you go here you can select what you need, read reviews, and narrow your results to get free web space. I don't care about my domain... or having to use a subdomain at this moment, but there are 10 or more sites that are ad free. Check it out...

Good Luck.
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2010, 03:44 PM

I suppose this thread could be closed, I am done with freehostingcloud.com. I no longer need help...
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2010, 09:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I only need something simple - mostly text and a few pics and Excel files and such. Can't even imagine what would take 250GB! (Even if that includes traffic.) And I don't even need pre-made junk - I use a nice little thing called Notepad. :-) Though I do kind of need multiple accounts - that's about the only major requirement.

Thanks again, especially since this was really your thread about your questions. LOL.
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2010, 07:50 AM

Eh, no problem. Zoka doesn't really offer multiple accounts, however, If you can sign up using multiple email addresses, and you can just create directories on your site, and point the sub-domains to independent directories. This would appear to be several sites. They also give you room for 100 databases, so that wouldn't be a problem either for PHP or active content to be separated.

Good Luck

You're Welcome.
    apiapiapi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2011, 11:57 PM
    Don't go to freehostingcloud. They are inefficient and unsecure host providers. I use to have som files ( of my own not some warez stuff ) deleted. They are free, but... lol even free is expensive for customer file deletion !
    I rate them 0/20 as file protection & security is the basis. And they don't assume at least this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search