Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YOUNGNUPE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 06:42 PM
    Stopped up toilet caused water damage. Will insurance cover
    My 6 year old son stopped up the toilet upstairs. Water leaked through the ceiling causing all kinds of damage. Our insurance is telling us that the damage is not covered. Would we have to have some special insurance to cover this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 06:46 PM

It is hard to have coverage from an event that was caused by a family member, it was not from a leaking pipe, but because a child did something improper and caused it to happen.

You can appeal it of course to the company, but normally no it is not covered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance company refusing to pay with water leaking in wall damage [ 5 Answers ]

I hopefully can alert others to the nightmare I am living with/facing now! After years of paying ALLSTATE for my condo homeowner's coverage, I find they have abandoned me. Assume all other policies/companies are the same. I take EXCEPTIONAL care and precautions against leaks under my sinks,...

Should my insurance cover water escape that was unseen? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Recently my kitchen ceiling started to bow and the lights also fused. My husband rang a plumber and when he pulled the panel off the bath, there was a hole in the floor. The damage had been caused by water escaping down the very small slit in the bath panel over a period. Our whole bathroom is...

Does home insurance cover for toilet problems [ 11 Answers ]

My toilet don't flush down it only comes out at the base of the toilet.And when I empty dish water from kitchen sink it comes out at the toilet's base. Shall I call a plumber rotorouter or insurance agent?:confused:

Damage caused by an act of God [ 6 Answers ]

We just hade a hurrican and my patio umbrella flew over the fence and hit my neighbours car and cracked his windshield. Am I responsible for the $300 damage:confused:

View more questions Search